Chapter 28

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

A few days have passed since the provisional license exam. It came as no surprise to Izuku when he heard that not everyone in Class 1-A passed. Let's face it, a certain student was doomed when the civilian rescue began.

In any case, Izuku and his classmates are in their classroom, listening to Vlad King, who suddenly clears his throat.

Vlad King: Okay, now again, I'm really proud of you for passing the exam, even though the tasks were quite difficult. Now that each of you are licensed, I would like to introduce you to a UA Academy program.

A few words appear on the board that everyone seems quite confused as they read them.

Students: Hero Work Studies?

Vlad King: The Hero Work Studies program allows you to experience the everyday life of Pro Heroes. It's similar to the internships. The only thing is that the program doesn't just last for a week, but for the entire school year. If you have a place at a pro hero agency, you will be doing hero work as well as school work. Unlike the internship, you will not be treated as guests, but as sidekicks or even as pro heroes. So think carefully if you are going to look for a place. Also, if you participate in the program, you must work at least one month.

The bell rings and Vlad Kling looks at his students again with a serious expression on his face.

Vlad King: Please consider that it will affect your lives as well, it will be very stressful with school work and hero work. I wish you a nice day.

And with that, Vlad King leaves the classroom and the students start talking to each other.

Juzo: The program actually sounds quite interesting.

Rin: Yes, but I don't know which hero I would do this program with. What do you think Izuku?

Izuku: Mhh, I will definitely take part in the program.

His two friends shake their heads, it was to be expected.

Juzo: Where would you complete the program?

Izuku: I'll go back to Zeno, I know he'll take me.

---Timeskip---

True to his words, Izuku was picked back up by Zeno for the program. What surprised him more is the fact that Izumi made it into the program with Sir Nighteye. The last time he heard anything from Sir Nighteye was when he was still a sidekick for All Might, the two apparently fell out.

Izuku is currently on the streets of Musutafu, on patrol. Some people look at him in astonishment when they recognize him. A few internally wonder why he's traveling alone and the answer to that is this: Zeno is pretty lazy and it's pretty clear that Izuku can handle it on his own.

A couple of girls in school uniforms approach him.

Girl 1: Hey~ could we take a picture with you?

Izuku nods and smiles.

Izuku: Of course.

The girls giggle and stand next to Izuku before starting to take selfies. After a few photos, the girls say thank you and walk away. He watches them for a few more seconds before making his way through the streets again.

A few minutes later someone taps him on the shoulder. He turns and sees Ahri standing there.

Izuku: Ahri, nice to see you. New outfit?

Izuku has to try really hard to stop his nose from bleeding. Her new outfit consists of black tight-fitting latex trousers and a red-pink top that accentuates her neckline and shows her navel. She also wears a leather jacket and black ankle boots with heels.

But instead of being happy or smiling, she looks offended to the side.

Izuku: Ahri?

Ahri: I've seen you with those girls... You looked pretty happy with them.

Izuku sweatdrops upon hearing this and immediately hugs Ahri. She tenses before calming down and hugging him too.

Izuku: You know you have a special place in my heart, Ahri.

Ahri hugs him a little tighter.

Ahri: I know... I just wanted to hear you say it...

The two let go and Izuku looks at his watch.

Izuku: It's lunch time, shall we go eat? i pay

Ahri smiles and nods.

Ahri: Gladly.

The two head to a nearby ramen restaurant and sit down at a table where they order and start eating. It was quite amusing for Izuku to see Ahri looking at her food with curiosity, she may have never eaten ramen but she seems to enjoy it.

Izuku: So what brings you to town?

Ahri: As you can see, new clothes. But I'm also considering looking for a job.

Izuku is already interested in that.

Izuku: Any idea?

Ahri: Not really... I've been approached by a lot of "agents" because they want me to be a model, but I don't want my picture in these... what's their names? magazines?

Izuku chuckles and nods.

Izuku: Yes. I can help you later if you want.

Ahri: Thank you. So what are you doing in town? Shouldn't you be at school?

Izuku: I'm participating in a program where we students get to act as heroes while studying under real heroes.

Ahri: I see... Should you even be sitting here with me then?

Izuku: Even heroes need to eat.

The two laugh as they continue to eat. The two are still talking for a while when suddenly he gets an emergency message on his cell phone. Izuku stands up and puts the money on the table.

Izuku: I'm sorry, Ahri, but I have to go. Here's the money for the meal, we'll talk later.

Ahri: Take care!

Izuku runs, jumps high onto one of the rooftops, and continues moving across the rooftops. Some civilians watch him enthusiastically. It takes a few minutes for Izuku to arrive at the spot, it even started raining. He jumps off the roof and lands in an alley with four people. These include Sir Nighteye, one of his sidekicks Bubble Girl, a third grade student named Mirio aka Lemillion, and his sister Izumi. The three younger heroes look at him in surprise while Sir Nighteye looks rather grumpy.

Izuku: What's going on? I got an emergency message on my cell phone.

The three younger heroes look at each other in confusion.

Sir Nighteye: I sent it, thanks for responding so quickly. But the situation has calmed down. The villain from whom the danger emanated has calmed down.

Izuku: I'm sorry, I don't quite understand.

Sir Nighteye tells him about the encounter Lemillion and Izumi had with Overhaul and what happened to Eri. Even though Izuku was angry briefly, he understands the situation. Even if they could have saved Eri, there were too many civilians nearby to get involved.

Izuku: What's the plan now? If I may ask.

Sir Nighteye: A special squad of heroes and police has already been assembled to apprehend the yakuza.

Izuku: May I join?

Sir Nighteye: Let me think about it. For now, get on with your patrol.

Izuku nods and jumps back onto the roof.

Izuku: Got it sir!

To be continued.