Chapter 27

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Izuku wasn't surprised to learn that everyone else in his class also passed the first phase of the exam. He found it best not to tell them that he single-handedly eliminated an entire class. They're already worrying about him too much. The entire class is currently in a lounge in the arena with everyone else who made it to the next phase. They should rest a little first before the next phase begins.

Kendo: So you're saying that two students separated you from us because they thought they could catch you by surprise and throw you out of the exam right away?

Izuku gives her a blank expression.

Izuku: Yep.

Popping with the P. Kendo narrows her eyes a little. She finds it a little suspicious.

Tetsutetsu: That's not manly, not a bit!

Izuku chuckles as he slaps the Steel Boy on the back.

Izuku: Chill out Tetsutetsu. Everything is okay!

He stares at his mate for a few seconds before tears fall from his eyes.

Tetsutetsu: Izuku... so manly!

Izuku just laughs and continues to pat him on the back as the intercom comes on.

Intercom: The next phase of the test begins now.

A wall in the room is lowered and the students can see the arena through a window. Everything is quiet for a few seconds, until suddenly the arena starts to explode. The arena, which previously consisted of several areas, is now just a pile of rubble.

Intercom: A villain has launched a widespread attack and destroyed the entire city.

A gate at the side of the arena opens and a few people come running out, including children, adults, and the elderly.

Intercom: These are trained actors who are supposed to simulate the victims. Your task is to save them, take care of them and bring them to the evacuation site. In this phase, you will be the heroes, so behave like heroes. The exam phase starts now!

The window of the room the students are in opens and each of the students runs to save the people. Class 1B get together and start looking for injured people.

Kendo: Setsuna!

Setsuna: Yeah?

Kendo: Please check tight spots for injuries, you are the best at it!

Setsuna: On my way!

Setsuna detaches her head from her body and begins to fly. Meanwhile, the other students are already looking for injured "civilians" in other places.

Izuku: Civilians please report! We are here to help!

Izuku closes his eyes and focuses on his surroundings, blocking out the sounds of his classmates and the other students. He hears a very faint noise a little further away. His eyes widen immediately, he runs to Yui and picks her up in bridal style before running. With her typical stoic voice she asks what he wants.

Yui: Izuku? What's up?

Izuku: I need your help! I found some civilians who need help.

The two arrive at a large pile of rubble. Izuku, lies down on the ground and looks under the rubble.

Izuku: I got them!

Under the rubble lies a young woman with a child.

Izuku: Don't worry!