Chapter 211

When Jennie reached out again, Lisa grabbed her hand and put it in his pocket.

Jennie leaned her head against his shoulder.

He was her blessing in life.

She wanted to cherish this moment together.

As she was not sleepy and because she did not want this moment of tenderness to end, Jennie bought more tickets and watched the movies one by one.

She even used the plot of the movie as an excuse to cry and use up a bunch of tissues.

When they left the venue, it was already the next day.

She was still not sleepy. Maybe it was because she had drunk too much coffee. Perhaps it was something else.

However, Jennie was tired. When they reached the stairs, Lisa bent down and said, “Come here.”

He wanted to carry her up.

Jennie leaned over and asked, “Aren’t I heavy?”

“You’re too light,” Lisa said with a low chuckle, “You have to eat more.”

“If I become too fat to model, will you take care of me?” Jennie asked casually.

“You eat so little. It’s not like I can’t support you.” Lisa carried her on his back and walked forward leisurely. Her weight was really nothing to him.

Jennie smiled and leaned on his shoulder. Her face was very close to his.

Jennie suddenly thought of the word ‘intimate’. She leaned closer and did not say anything. She wrapped her arms around his neck and felt his warmth.

Lisa suddenly asked, “Jennie, when you were pregnant with Leo, did you think of coming back to look for me?”

“It’s my little secret. I don’t want to tell you.”

Lisa could not help laughing. “Actually, maybe you did the right thing by not coming back then.”

“You didn’t want me to come back?” Jennie hit him hard.

“I’m just afraid that you would’ve gotten hurt by Luca’s appearance had you come back. Now that I think about it, everything was truly God’s arrangement. Although I messed up plenty of times, he still left the best for me.”

Tears were about to fall from Jennie’s eyes. She hit him and said, “Put me down.”

Lisa put her down, and she rushed ahead. Then, she came back with a small bouquet of roses and handed it to him. “Lisa, I saved the best for you.”

Lisa took it. “It’s beautiful.”

“No matter how beautiful a rose is, it’ll wither sooner or later. I hope you can get a better one next time. You must accept it then.” Jennie smiled. Her beautiful teeth were revealed, which made her look bright, but her words were heartless.

She held Lisa’s hand and said, “Let’s go. I’ll bring you around. We can go to the shops Leo and I often go to, as well as the computer and clothing shops that Leo frequented. They’re all very good. Let me buy something for you.”

Holding her hand, Lisa’s eyes were full of affection.

In her eyes, were they on a date now?

The two of them were exhausted after a whole day of walking around and shopping.

When they returned to the apartment, Jennie insisted on cooking for Lisa.

“Must you insist on doing it yourself?” Feeling sorry for her, Lisa held her from behind.