Chapter 241

“Nothing much, I was just casually asking. Are you used to staying in ESteem? Do you have any difficulties? If you need anything, you can tell me anytime.”

Eungyung showed great kindness, and Jennie smiled. “Everything’s fine. Thank you for your concern, Little President Eungyung.”

“That’s good. You can go on with your work now.” Eungyung smiled.

Jennie was a little suspicious but did not show it on her face. Why was Eungyung suddenly being so friendly to her?

Could it really be because of the dispute on who was going to be president? Was Chaewon trying to win her over?

If Eungyung really had such thoughts, then she was gravely mistaken. Chaewon was Jennie’s benefactor, and Jennie would never betray her to side with Eungyung.

When Jennie came out, she happened to meet Chaewon.

Chaewon looked at her cousin with a smile. She was prettier than everyone else in the Tang family. Even though she grew up in a family like the Kim family, she still maintained the aura that a Tang family member should have.

“Jennie, did Eungyung look for you?” Chaewon asked with a faint smile. She wondered how Eungyung and Jennie were doing.

This was, after all, Eungyung’s family’s matter. Even if Chaewon was a member of the Tang family, she was only a cousin, so it was inconvenient for her to talk to Jennie about this in detail. She could only ask indirectly.

“Yeah, she did.” Hearing Chaewon’s words, Jennie was even more certain that the two sisters were fighting for the position of president. She solemnly said, “President Chaewon, no matter what happens, you’re still the person I signed with. Even if Eungyung needs me, I still wish to work with you.”

This was Jennie’s usual attitude toward work and friends.

Chaewon thought that she knew about her family background and smiled. “It’s good that you think so.”

Jennie always felt that there was more to the two sisters’ words, but she could only think about work matters now. She could not get involved in anything else.

When Eungyung returned home, Old Master Tang, Tang Ji-seop, and Lin Geon-u were all staring at her.

Lin Geon-u, in particular, was extremely anxious. Her eyes were fixed on her. Without waiting for her daughter to change out of her shoes and sit down, she pulled her and asked, “Eungyung, did you tell Jennie? What did she say? When is she coming back for a meal? Is she moving back?”

“Mom, don’t be so anxious. It won’t be that soon.” Eungyung threw her bag on the sofa.

“Then what exactly did she say?”

Eungyung seemed to be deliberating over her words. After a long while, she said, “She still holds a grudge against her family for losing her and for not being able to find her after so many years. She’s very against all of this and even said that everyone is better off being strangers.”

The face of Old Master Tang immediately faltered.

Lin Geon-u was very disappointed. “How could this be? She’s my daughter, my biological daughter. I…”

She lowered her head and wept.

“Mom, she just can’t think straight. It’ll be fine after some time. Give her more time and don’t look for her anymore in the meantime,” Eungyung consoled.