Chapter 236

“That’s right, that’s right. If you want to say who’s more at fault, it’s still you.”

Hearing the reporters’ discussions and Ji-yong’s argument, Jennie pressed her hands down. “Everyone, my mother did not have an affair. What Ji-yong said is not true.”

“Jennie, do you mean that the DNA report was faked by Ji-yong? If that’s the case, he’s really such a scumbag. He even tried to scam his own daughter.”

A look of pain flashed across Jennie’s eyes. “I’m indeed not Ji-yong’s daughter. But my mother did not cheat. Back then, they adopted me.”

Amidst the surprised discussions of the reporters, Jennie took out an adoption certificate and placed it in front of everyone.

This was also a legal document issued by the national authorities. It could not be casually copied. It could be checked and tracked.

At that moment, Ji-yong’s face turned pale. He could no longer stand steadily.

However, no one reached out to help him. In fact, they looked at him with contempt.

Krystal and Karina had to support each other to regain their balance.

Jennie said calmly, “Back then, my mother, Sandara, miscarried not long after she got pregnant due to her poor health. The doctor said that she had to recuperate before she could continue trying to conceive. However, my mother was eager to have a child, so she went to the orphanage and adopted me. She brought me back to the Kim family and treated me like her own daughter.”

“Jennie is really pitiful to have such a father.”

“That’s right. No wonder Jennie never participated in events with Krystal. With such a father and ‘sister’, why would she stand on the same stage as Krystal?”

Ji-yong’s face turned black as he was scolded. He shouted, “Even if I’m in the wrong, Jennie is still not my biological daughter! At most, my first wife and I are in the wrong! The fault doesn’t lie with me alone!”

“That’s true. But if you weren’t such a jerk, your first wife, Sandara, wouldn’t have cheated on you. She must have been too disappointed in you.”

“My mother never cheated on me or did anything to let down her family. I was adopted. Isn’t it normal for my DNA to be different from Ji-yong’s?

Ji-yong’s face was pale as sweat dripped down his forehead. He went out for wool only to come home shorn. At this moment, his reputation had plummeted.

Jennie looked at him and did not sympathize with him at all. Instead, she felt carefree. “Ji-yong, after my mother passed away, you despised me for being a burden. You also despised me for always causing trouble with Chae-rin and Krystal, so you sent me to the orphanage again and again. You made me go back and forth to the orphanage several times. I stayed there for several years.

However, you were afraid that the people around you would criticize you, so you still brought me back to the Kim family a few times to prevent others from gossiping.

You’re not my biological father, so I never expected you to treat me well or dote on me. It’s understandable for you to be biased toward Krystal. I didn’t want to keep fighting with them, so I went to Paris.”

“As her beloved daughter, I’ll never let you get away with this!

Did you think that I wouldn’t be able to find proof that you changed Krystal’s age because so many years had passed? Did you think I wouldn’t be able to apply for a new certificate after you burned my original adoption certificate?