part 21

Matthew came upstairs, "all sorted Flit, let's have a nap." I was unsure to what was all sorted but I didn't say anything. He cuddled upto me and we fell to sleep.
We woke up in the early hours of the next morning, both of us were obviously very tired. I was very wet.
"Come on baby let's get you cleaned up and have some breakfast."
There was a knock at the door, Matthew went to answer it. There was a man standing at the porch with a piece of paper.
"Hi Matthew, it's done, you'll hear about it in a few days."
"Thankyou my good friend."
I thought to myself, what is done.
"Flit, as soon as we're done with breakfast I need you to be an adult for a little while ok? We've some paperwork to sort out."
"Ok daddy."
The paperwork was divorce papers. It took 20 minutes and it was done.
Other the next couple of days, Matthew sorted his house out with new furniture. My new room.
Matthew got a call.
"My friend turn on your TV, watch the news."
Matthew grabbed me and sat me on the floor and turned on the news channel.
The headlines read 'man has arms, legs and jaw broken left for dead in a nursery at his home'.
There was a picture of Ben, in a full body cast, his face all bloodied up.
'Police officers found him in a over sized crib wearing a nappy and naked, it also appears too, who ever done this cut out his tongue and broke all his fingers. Getting a statement maybe hard to obtain as of yet. No arrests have been made'.
Matthew turned off the TV. I looked in amazement at Matthew, did he have something to do with that? I didn't want to say anything.
He bent down and kissed my forehead.
"You see baby girl, I will look after you nothing bad will ever happen to you again."

The end.