30. Saved by the effing bell

𝅘𝅥𝅮 She Builds Quick Machines - Velvet Revolver

Slash broke the silence with a sigh of relief and said, "I'm quite speechless."

Mia smiled and replied, "Me too." She paused for a moment, twirling a strand of her hair, and asked, "What do you think of the lyrics?"

"Perfect. Wouldn't change a thing. I didn't know I was working with such a talented songwriter," he chuckled.

Mia said, "Thanks! Doesn't it feel amazing when a song comes together just so effortlessly?"

"For me, it's usually like that...I'm curious though, what inspired you to write these lyrics? They're quite deep."

"Live by the sword, die by the sword... I was just pondering that when I wrote it. It all just flowed in an hour or so."

"All in one sitting?"

"Well, I had the chorus a few days earlier. But pretty much, yeah."

He flashed a sly grin. "Terrific."

"And the solo..." Mia added, standing up to put her guitar on a stand and grab her water bottle from her bag. "I'm in love with it!"

"I came up with it while I was in Texas for the weekend, in my hotel room." He stood up as well, to switch guitars. "Let's try it again, but this time I'll record it. What do you say?" He carefully picked up his Fender Stratocaster from its shelf.

Mia closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and said, "Guess we can do it one more time" and winked. She grabbed her guitar again and sat back down on her stool. She indeed needed a minute to get ready.

"I can be a bit demanding," he said with a mischievous smirk.

"Finally, someone who can keep up with my energy." Mia said with a seductive smile.

Slash let out a low chuckle. "I'm up for the challenge," he said, his gaze locked on her and seemed to linger for a few moments before he said, "Make your move."

Mia's fingers danced across the fretboard as she began to play the opening chords of the song

Mia's fingers danced across the fretboard as she began to play the opening chords of the song. And she started singing:

"With the horses that you ride, and the feelings left inside... Comes a time you need to leave all that behind..."

After a minute, Slash joined in, his fingers gliding over the strings of his Stratocaster as he added the electric guitar parts. They played through the song, their instruments melding together in perfect harmony. Mia realized that listening to the solo over and over didn't make it any less impactful for her. She felt the heat all over again.

As they reached the end of the song, Slash hit the final chord, and they both let out a sigh of satisfaction. "I'm just too happy," Mia said, with a huge smile on her face.