58. Cover girl

The Last Internationale - 1984*

*Warning: Mature content (sexually explicit)

30th April, 2009

Thursday, 09:11 am.

Mia awoke to a delightful ticklish sensation on her skin. Her eyes fluttered open, and the gentle Malibu sunlight streamed in through the small window above the bed. 

Slash's fingers were ever so softly caressing her shoulder with a tenderness that belied his rough voice, still laden with sleep. "Hey," he mumbled, his drowsy eyes fixated on her.

"Hey," Mia beamed in return. Starting her day next to this man was always priceless. "How long have ya been awake?" she inquired, her naked body partially covered by the thin duvet.

"About fifteen minutes or so," he replied.

Mia's smile widened, she just opted to gaze at his pretty face.

"You know...When you smile at me like that," he said, his gaze locking with hers, "It's like you smile with your eyes." he added, gently brushing her hair aside.

"Whatt? Pff," Mia playfully scoffed.

"Yeah, like your eyelids do that thing, they open and close in slow motion."

"Really, I do that?"

Slash nodded, his smile reflecting hers. "It's so fucking cute," he murmured, planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"Mhm, no, you're cute..." Mia said, her cheeks flushing with affection.

Slash chuckled, drawing her closer and intertwining their legs under the covers. He placed another tender kiss on her forehead.

The warmth of his touch filled Mia's heart with happiness. "You hungry?" Mia asked, her voice still husky.

Slash's smile softened. "Very much, yeah," he nodded. "Any ideas?"

"Let me take a quick shower, then I'll check out your fridge," she said softly. "That sound good?"

"I'm sure you meant, let's take a shower, right?" he asked with a sly grin.

"Haha, you are so predictable!" Mia chuckled as Slash responded by giving her a playful tickle on her belly, before they lazily got up and strolled to the bathroom.

***

"So, we do have eggs, bacon, milk, and butter

"So, we do have eggs, bacon, milk, and butter..." Mia's cheerful voice echoed as she peered into the high-end fridge's shelves. After closing it, she ventured into the pantry drawers. With a few drawers opened and closed, she delightedly found an untouched box of self-rising flour, some brown sugar, and a bottle of "fake" maple syrup.

"That's a ton of shit," Slash softly commented, his fingers skillfully tapping the Nespresso machine's buttons.

"You're in luck. Today you'll finally taste my Canadian pancakes!" she exclaimed after he handed her a steaming cup of Americano.