52. Thorn of The Rose

𝅘𝅥𝅮 Sunshower - Chris Cornell (Please listen as you read!)

25th April,
Saturday, 3:18 pm.

Mia swung open the door to their new lockout rehearsal space in Burbank. She still sported Slash's black t-shirt over her jeans. The familiar scent of smoke wafted in as she entered, finding Kyle and Johnny engaged in their customary banter on the small balcony in the kitchen area.

"Finally, the queen decided to grace us with her presence," Kyle quipped, taking a drag from his cigarette.

Mia rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh come on, you know how it goes. Traffic was a nightmare." Of course, she wasn't about to divulge the true reason for her delay.

Johnny chuckled, exhaling a cloud of smoke. "Welcome to you new home." Tony and Johnny managed to snag this place for the whole year, which was much cheaper and practical than their usual Hollywood studios.

Mia grinned as she was finally getting a tour of the space from Johnny. She followed him as he led the way, pointing out the various rooms and equipment they now had at their disposal.

"I already fucking love it here," Johnny said, his cool demeanor intact. "We've got everything we need."

At precisely 3:30 pm, Adam burst through the door, brimming with energy and excitement. "Sorry I'm late, guys! Traffic was a nightmare today!"

Kyle chuckled. "Seems like traffic is the enemy today."

With everyone finally assembled, they wasted no time and dove straight into business. The instruments were plugged in, and the resonant sound of the first chord filled the room. They tackled the setlist with fierce determination, flowing through the songs with the precision that comes from countless hours of practice.

Of course, Mia had something special up her sleeve. She couldn't wait to share the fresh lyrics she had crafted earlier. During her journey back from Slash's house to the lockout in Burbank, she had already completed and even memorized the lyrics.

"I've got something you guys might like. Well, I hope you will," she said, scratching her head.

Adam smirked, leaning against the wall. "Let's hear it."

"Remember that sick riff Johnny was jamming out the other day? Already came up with some lyrics!" Mia explained, tapping her foot on the floor, eager to unveil her creation.

"Somebody's been busy! Alright, let's hear it." Johnny grinned as Mia played the initial recording of the riff from that day in the studio. "Yeah I already remember it" he said, nodding, before he kicked it off.

Kyle joined in, his drumkit providing a solid foundation. Adam followed suit with a pulsating bassline, adding depth and groove to the music.

Mia's voice soared above the music, her lyrics infused with raw emotion and a touch of rebellion:

"You don't know that I know,
You watch me every night
And I just can't resist the urge
To stand here in the light
You're greedy eyes upon me
And then I come undone
And I could close the curtains
But this too much fun...

I get off on you
Getting off on me
Give you what you want
But nothing is for free
It's a give and take
Kinda life we make
When your line is crossed
I get off
I get off!"

She poured her heart into each word, the melodies intertwining with the driving rhythm. The boys listened intently as they played, their expressions shifting from curiosity to excitement as they realized the potential of the song.