79. Last days in the sun

𝅘𝅥𝅮 What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club

23rd October, 2009
Friday

01:03

"Hit me!" Mia called out to the bartender, sliding her empty glass across the polished walnut surface with a little more gusto than necessary.

"Glenlivet neat, was it?" The bartender, a hot ginger built like a linebacker, checked in. With a brisk nod from Mia, he wasted no time topping off her glass with the amber whiskey, its warm hue mirroring the bar's subdued lighting.

Wrapping up an 18-track gig at the House of Blues inside Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Mia and the gang drifted to the Sand Dollar to toast to Kyle and Adam's back-to-back birthdays, the 19th and the 24th marking their respective celebrations.

Vegas, with its unrivaled rock scene and a knack for making every performance feel monumental, always topped their list of favorite places to play outside LA. It wasn't just the city's fun vibe; it was the local friends waiting to tear up the town with them post-show.

The party was buzzing, especially with Vegas regulars like Terrel "Double Trouble" Travers, Tim Carillo, Sabrina Politsky, and Todd "Dammit" Kerns showing up to celebrate.

Mia, whiskey in hand, rejoined the group where Kyle, his girlfriend Gemma, Adam, and Billy were already deep in banter with Double T and Tim. Tim, sporting his trademark long, blonde locks, found himself on the receiving end of Billy's jests about potentially drawing in his cadre of gay pals, while Tim retaliated with jokes aimed at Billy's receding hairline.

Gemma, the youthful contrast to the group at 25 to Kyle's 30, matched him well with her sporty frame and dark blonde hair streaked with bold black. They were a striking pair, everyone agreed.

Mia, ever the sole female in a sea of guys, sought to find her place among them.

"Already over the jock-bro vibe Gems?" Mia quipped to Gemma, taking a sip of her scotch, hip cocked.

Gemma's laughter mingled with Billy's retort, ""Hope you count me out, hunny. By no means I'm a jock-bro." he dramatically declared, cradling his Dirty Martini with mock offense.

"You're the fabulous bro!" Double T added, setting off a round of laughter.

Spotting Todd, aka, "Dammit" Kerns in a distant corner with Johnny, Mia made her way over.

"Yo, yo, yo!" she greeted, landing a playful punch on Todd's arm. "How's it hanging?"

 "Enjoying the party, what else!" he responded, his eyes alight with the night's energy, and they shared a warm hug.

Todd, the Canadian giant with a towering presence at 6'2", always stood out with his jet-black, shaggy hair framing sharp blue eyes. Among their Vegas circle, Todd was the sage, their seasoned rock virtuoso, eclipsing them in experience by over a decade. His musical journey was legendary, kicking off with "The Age of Electric" back in Canada during the 90s, transitioning to "Static in Stereo" with his brothers in the following decade, and eventually founding the Vegas staple, Sin City Sinners. Their paths had crossed and recrossed with Frau Jailor's on numerous stages, cementing a rock-solid camaraderie.

 Their paths had crossed and recrossed with Frau Jailor's on numerous stages, cementing a rock-solid camaraderie