74. No Ordinary Love

Drive It Like You Stole It - Smackbound

19th July, 2009
Sunday

19:50

"Still can't believe this." Tiffany shook her head, fingers extending to admire her ring, a radiant smile lighting up her face. "I feel like I'm drunk already, and it's not even from this fancy ass Dom Perignon here."

Johnny planted a quick peck on her cheek; they made quite the adorable pair, perched side by side on the wooden bench beneath the swaying branches.

Approaching 8 pm, the crew—Adam, Kyle, Mia, Billy, and the newly betrothed duo, Tiffany and Johnny—were having a blast at their picnic in the south of Toronto Island Park. It was Toronto's go-to picnic spot, but more significantly, it held sentimental value for both Johnny and Mia since their teenage years.

Amidst the chatter and laughter, Mia and Adam, eager to capture the moment, pulled out their phones, snapping pictures with infectious enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Billy wielded a proper video camera, meticulously documenting the joyous occasion.

In the midst of the festivities, Johnny and Tiffany couldn't contain their excitement, sharing the engagement story as if the gang didn't know exactly what happened. Tiffany's eyes sparkled as she recounted the surprise proposal, and Johnny beamed with pride.

"You should've seen her face!" Johnny exclaimed, shaking his head in disbelief. "Totally caught her off guard. It was perfect."

Tiffany chimed in, her excitement palpable. "I screamed so loud! I didn't see it coming at all. And this ring..." She held out her hand, gazing at the vintage Tiffany ring.

Mia, raising her glass in a toast, couldn't help but interject, "To the happy couple! Yay!"

The clinking of glasses filled the air, and Johnny confessed, "I owe a big part of this to Mia and Pam, actually." he said, turning to face Tiffany. "They practically forced me to go with a fuckin' vintage Tiffany ring. And I gotta admit, I thought that'd be cheesy as hell."

Tiffany chuckled, her eyes still locked on her ring. "Well, that was a good choice. I love it!"

Amidst laughter and cheers, the group continued to revel in the joy of the moment. There were all sorts of sandwiches in the bags, Peameal Bacon, Smoked Meat, and Caprese. Alongside, there were Maple-Glazed Pecans and fresh fruits. As they savored their well-deserved meal, thoughts lingered on Tony, who had to depart after yesterday's gig.

"Mia, remember when you and your jerk of a boyfriend leaped off the lake over there?" Johnny asked, taking a huge bite of his peameal bacon sandwich.

"Wish I could forget," Mia winced. "I was grounded for a week, and I almost missed Lindsay Morgan's birthday party."

"Almost!" Johnny chuckled. "Tell them how you snuck out from your room that night."

"Jesus, Mia," Billy interjected.

"Needless to say, I was grounded again for another week." Mia rolled her eyes.

"Which you probably snuck out of again," Adam remarked, lighting up a cigarette.

Mia nodded with a grin and turned to Tiffany, "Tiff, how about you? Were you a good girl or a bad girl?" she asked, while observing Adam puff away a plume of smoke.

Tiffany sighed, tilting her head left, gazing at the darkening sky. "The weird ass goth girl from Boise High? Not much to tell there," she murmured.

"Boise? You from Idaho?!" Billy exclaimed.

"Y-yeah." Tiffany nodded with a smirk.

"How come I never knew this?" Billy queried. "And how did you end up in LA?"