35- 'The Sunday' - Part II

Beautiful Dangerous - Slash ft Fergie

(Dear reader. Pls take your time, don't rush into it. Remember, they didn't rush into it.)

*Warning: Mature content (sexually explicit)

He finished the song, and although the solo was still fresh in her mind, she was feeling spellbound. She thought the solo was meant to sound like an agonizingly sexy foreplay and a very intense climax following it. It already did that the first time she heard it. But this version was even more emotional, it had more passion and a more intense build-up to the climax.

The silence between them was becoming awkward, and Mia knew she had to say something. "I mean..." she started, slightly shaking her head and gulping. "What... How did you...?" she trailed off, smiling. Her face made it clear that she appreciated his surprise. "I thought it couldn't get any better, and somehow it did," she finally managed to utter.

Slash paused before answering, still holding his guitar. "Yeah, told you what inspired me" he said with a half-evil, half-shy smile. "My muse. I got too close to her fire." Was he referring to what almost happened on Friday?

He placed his guitar on its stand, which happened to be beside Mia. They were now inches away from each other. Mia's heart began to race again. Normally she was never timid around men. She was bold and confident when it came to getting whomever she wanted, but this guy just threw her off.

"Judging by the outcome, her flames sound... dangerous," Mia said softly, hoping her gulp at the end had gone unnoticed.

His eyes scanned her face. "I guess so," he answered. "Maybe that's why it took me months to ask her to do this song with me." His teasing tone felt like a dare.

Now face to face, they were smiling shyly at each other. Mia looked down, smiling nervously before looking back up at him. He was still looking at her, and she felt herself blushing even more. His musky scent filled the air, and she couldn't look away from his eyes. And nobody was smiling anymore.

Their intense gaze made Mia shiver, exactly aware of what was about to happen. They were not strong enough to fight for whatever they had been fighting, for weeks. Slash gently put his hands on the back of Mia's head and slowly moved closer until their lips were almost touching. What was holding them back? Putting their professional relationship in jeopardy? Risking future accomplishments? Anticipation of another stupid interruption? The fact that Slash was still a married man? All of the above? Or none? Maybe nothing was goint to stop them at all.

They stood like that for a good ten seconds, which felt like an eternity. Their breathing became heavier, and Slash closed his eyes, pressing his forehead against Mia's. He was not in a hurry. He slowly let his arms slide down to her bare waist. She was certain he could feel her heart thudding against his chest.

"And where do we go from here now?" he whispered, not just to tease her, but because he genuinely was curious himself. They had been flirting back and forth; feeling that very tangible, built-up sexual chemistry for some time, and they had managed to keep it somewhat professional and platonic until now.

And then Mia realized it. She realized it was too late for second thoughts. All this hesitation was pointless. The bullet had long left the gun. It was finally time to let go.

As their eyes closed, Mia raised her hands to gently grab the back of his neck after softly brushing his stubbly chin. She felt a deep ache in her heart, not just a longing to touch him, but to become one with him. No matter what happened later.

When their lips finally met, Mia heard the rush of blood in her ears due to the ferocity of their kiss. Their thirst for one another had intensified over the weeks and was now so thick, almost palpable in the air. Any remaining brakes had been disengaged, and they almost devoured each other with the insane dance of their tongues, kissing each other as if it was the end of the world.