81. November Rain

𝅘𝅥𝅮 November Rain - Guns N' Roses

14th November, 2009
Saturday, Dublin

13:25

Upon touching down in Dublin with a smooth flight behind them, relief washed over as they glimpsed the sun gracing the city, a welcome change from the expected chill. Though hovering around 50 degrees, a temperature that would send shivers down the spines of most LA people, the absence of clouds hinted at a promising day.

Seated by the window in the rear of their rented Sprinter, Mia drowned out the hum of the road with Radiohead, her gaze fixed outside as the vehicle maneuvered its way from the airport toward the heart of the city.

Her reverie was broken by a gentle tap on her arm. She turned to find Johnny's concerned eyes upon her.

As a person who was usually complemented for her warm smile, she couldn't even muster a smirk all day. And Johnny was obviously concerned.

He stared at her, his brow furrowed, "Sup with you today?"

Exhaling slowly, Mia cast a glance over the occupants of the Sprinter—Tony, Billy, Kyle, and Adam; Trevor and Cody were with the tour bus. With a neutral expression, she bit her lip, deliberating on how to broach her concern without alerting the others. Retrieving her iPhone, she silently displayed the series of calls she'd placed to Slash since their departure for Brussels the previous morning, a total of ten attempts, all unanswered.

Johnny squinted, piecing together her message.

Next, she revealed the unanswered texts she'd sent him, further emphasizing her worry.

Finally, she whispered, "Last night, I tried one last time. His phone was off."

"What about today?" Johnny pressed, his own expression grave.

"I've called him five times since now, Johnny. Nothing. It's like... it's like he's vanished," she confessed, anxiety etched into her features.

"Isn't there someone else you can call?" Johnny suggested, his voice barely audible, mirroring her seriousness.

Glancing at her phone's display, Mia noted the time. "I could try Matt," she murmured, "but it's the crack of dawn over there."

"Just give it a shot," Johnny urged, his fingers gripping the headrest of the vacant seat ahead.

Reluctantly, Mia navigated to her contacts and located Matt's number. "I... I can't talk to him right now, not with everyone here," she whispered, indicating the others inside the Sprinter.

"Then text him," Johnny insisted, urgency in his tone.

With a sigh, Mia composed a message to Matt. "Hey, sorry to bother u but i cant get a hold of Slash since thursday and im in dublin, kinda worried. Will u check on him and let me know?" she typed hastily before hitting send.

Locking her screen, Mia let out a breath. "There," she murmured.

Johnny offered a gentle squeeze to her arm. "It's okay. He's probably just swamped with work, like you said," he reassured, his voice barely above a whisper.

Mia attempted a nod, but her head drooped, a single tear tracing a path down her cheek. "I just hope he's okay... so that I can... kick his ass when I get back," she sniffled.

But her mind churned with worry, a heavy weight pressing upon her chest. The unease had settled in, refusing to budge. Johnny remained at her side, a silent beacon of support in the midst of her turmoil.

Outside, the streets of Dublin slipped past in a blur, the bustling activity merely a backdrop to Mia's anxiety. She stole glances at her phone every few minutes, yearning for a response from Matt.