41. A view to thrill

𝆕 Two drink minimum - Chris Cornell

*Warning: Mature content (sexually explicit)

They walked down to the driveway, and Slash led her to his sleek black Hummer. He opened the door for her, and she slid into the passenger seat. "Thanks," she purred, giving him a playful smirk.

Slash winked, striding around to the driver's side and getting in.

He shifted the car into gear and pulled out of the driveway. Flicking on the radio, he said, "Feel free to pick a station," as he merged onto the boulevard.

"Sure thing," Mia said, scrolling through the stations. Soon, she found KNAC, which was currently playing "Two Drink Minimum" by Chris Cornell. It was good enough for a night trip. "And you gonna tell me where we're headed?" she asked.

"No," Slash replied, a devilish grin playing at the corners of his mouth.

Mia arched an eyebrow, feeling a thrill of excitement ripple through her. There was something about Slash's full lips, and the way his voice dropped to a husky whisper, that made her heart race. Leaning back in her seat, she relished the feeling of the wind tousling her hair as they drove southwest towards Beverly Glen.

Eventually, they veered off the main road and onto a winding path that twisted and turned up into Mulholland Drive. Peering out the window, Mia watched as the bright lights of the city faded away, replaced by a glittering canopy of stars above. The car continued to climb higher and higher until they finally arrived at a secluded lookout, perched high above the valley and just a little above the Mulholland Viewpoint. It was eerily quiet, with no souls or humming vehicles to be seen, but the view was simply breathtaking.

"Wow," Mia exhaled, stepping out of the car to take in the stunning scenery. "I've been here so many times, but I never knew about this spot." She made her way towards the cliff, surrounded by tall trees and bushes. All that lit up the area were the twinkling night lights of the bustling city down below. She silently thanked herself for choosing to wear sneakers instead of heels.

Meanwhile, Slash was closing the trunk of the car with a cigarette already dangling from his mouth. He had a black yoga mat rolled up under his arm.

"Fucking epic, right?" he said, coming up behind her

"Fucking epic, right?" he said, coming up behind her. "This place is called the Stone Canyon."

"Alright!" Mia nodded, her eyes still fixed on the panoramic vista. "OK so... over there is Universal and Hollywood. And there's Downtown..."

"Yeah, that was...easy." he chuckled. Then he pointed to different areas. "Burbank and Glendale are that way," he continued, pointing to the south west. "And down there," he said, indicating the valley below, "is Bel Air and Beverly Hills."

Mia turned to him, a smile spreading across her face. "Yeah I know. It all looks so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." he said as he placed the mat on the ground. They sat in silence for a few moments, simply taking in the view and the fresh air.