Chapter 1

This is an expansion on the first world of the author's previous novel, the King's Game, which can be found on Chrysanthemum Garden. There might be some similarities in the beginning but a lot more detail is added and it becomes very different. It does not matter if you've read King's Game or not, but it is also a good read.
ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ

Morning dew soaked into the grass, the trees were bathed in sunlight and the little sparrows on the branches shook their feathers and made a cheerful sound.

"Big Brother, when will you come back to see us?" The little girl holding a teddy bear raised her head in a careful manner, dark eyes revealing her hopes.

The young man being questioned was surrounded by children because he was too popular. Gu Huai smiled. "Next week, I'll bring you some presents."

This was a child welfare home in the suburbs of A City. Thanks to Gu Huai's financial support, it had recently been renovated and the overall environment was warm and comfortable.

There was nothing special about Gu Huai's support for the welfare home. It was just because he was once a child adopted by the welfare home and he wanted to repay them now that he was capable.

In a few days, A City would cool down and it would officially enter winter. Gu Huai planned to bring new winter clothes to the children the next time he came here. This was the gift he promised.

After visiting the children at the welfare home, Gu Huai went home and sat at the computer table to start his work today.

Gu Huai was a professional screenwriter. He might be young but he had a reputation in the industry. The big and small trophies in the room could add up to a table and almost every one was gold.

However, even the most powerful screenwriters sometimes couldn't get rid of procrastination. Gu Huai had a headache as he looked at the script that was approximately 90% completed.

90% of the work had been done. Shouldn't it be easy to finish? It was true. However, what if tomorrow was the cut-off day?

Gu Huai, "..."

It was really making him bald.

Fortunately, this was an adapted script and the difficulty of the adaptation wasn't high. Gu Huai thought that he should be able to finish it if he stayed up all night today. To be honest, this script reminded Gu Huai of a Jinjiang novel he had adapted before he became famous. He had desperately rushed to finish all of them by the closing date.

The crisp sound of the keyboard continued to fill the room. Starting from 9 o'clock in the morning, Gu Huai was busy as the sky outside the window became completely dark and then light again.

Apart from breakfast in the morning, the remaining two meals were ignored by the working Gu Huai.

Despite his procrastination, Gu Huai didn't like to drag things out. Therefore, he would break out every time the deadline approached.