Chapter 9

On the whole, the Zerg were a race that didn't pay much attention to the enjoyment of life.

Since every Zerg was born as good soldiers, they were naturally suitable for combat. The vast majority of Zerg could survive in any living conditions and the comfort of living was generally not in consideration. Now there was someone they had to think about.

Gu Huai sat in the seat and slept for a while. Since his sleeping posture wasn't comfortable, he subconsciously let out a sound.

The sound caused the Tak Zerg, standing next to Gu Huai, to make a low hoarse noise. Previously on the abandoned planet, they had placed the baby in the eggshell and rocked him to sleep. Now the eggshell was taken away by their kin.

Several high-grade Zerg in the command room had been watching the sleeping youth with bright eyes. They paused the moment they heard this noise. Did the king feel uncomfortable sleeping in a chair like this...

Sleep was a physiological need and their need for sleep was very low. Apart from some babies who might sleep a bit more, the adult Zerg wouldn't feel tired even if they didn't sleep for 10 days. Once they really needed a rest, they could take a short nap.

Therefore, facing this situation, the high-grade Zerg found they didn't have any sleeping pods on board the ship for the youth to lie in. Should they take apart these seats and put together the back pieces to make a sleeping mat...

The moment the silly idea popped up, several Zerg soldiers were ready to go out and demolish their chairs outside the command room. Then the silver-haired Zerg in the command position stopped them.

Alves approached Gu Huai again and the silver-grey tail behind him touched the young man's body faster than his hands could. It circled Gu Huai in just a few seconds. This tail was better are dealing with enemies in battle than it was with things that needed to be protected. The gentlest thing this tail had ever done was to circle the young man's body like this. It didn't puncture or whip anything, it just restrained its force.

In fact, there was no need to use his tail when it was just lifting the youth out of the seat. Still, the tail automatically circled this person. Alves picked up the sleeping youth and finally released control of his tail.

It was quiet. Alves has determined that as long as he could sense the presence of the young man in his arms, he would no longer hear anything that made him feel it was noisy. This didn't mean the noises were gone. It was just that when he perceived this youth's presence, all his attention was completely attracted to the youth.

Therefore, it was strange that these voices could no longer disturb him. For the time being, there was no desire to fight. He might not be born a Tak Zerg but Alves was no less militant than the Tak. The more intense the fight, the more it could stir up some type of cold pleasure in Alves.

Gu Huai being here was like an invisible chain around Alves. He found that his desire to protect meant he couldn't leave this person's side so his fighting desire could only be suppressed.

It was like a dragon bringing back precious treasure to its lair. In order to protect the treasure from being hurt or stolen, the giant dragon would lie down with folded wings, squinting its long, vertical pupils and choosing to stay in its lair.

Since he had already slept a round, it wasn't long before Gu Huai woke up. The moment he woke up, Alves didn't wait for him to show he wanted to be on the ground and silently put him down.

Gu Huai really woke up once he realized that he had been sleeping in the other side's arms again. He raised his eyes to see the silver-haired Zerg's calm and cold face. Gu Huai scratched his cheek and said, "If I make a noise again the next time I sleep, you don't have to worry about me. You can let me sleep there."