79

The follow-up work of this operation was completed by the Star Alliance. The planet's stronghold was occupied by the Star Alliance. The Star Alliance's army cleaned up the star field belonging to the grey area.

Gu Huai's condition meant the Zerg had no room to care about these things. They brought their fleet back to Tuser.

On the bed in the room, Gu Huai had been sleeping for a day. Add in the time it took to return from the other star field and Gu Huai had slept for several days. Next to Gu Huai's pillow lay a grey egg. It lay there quietly, the light grey eggshell looking shiny in the day. Alves stay by his bedside. He had been in an expressionless state since the moment they came back.

Gu Huai woke up on the sixth day. The moment he opened his eyes, the first sentence he asked was, "How is Aiyi? Did he come back with me?"

Alves couldn't answer this question immediately. It was difficult to determine if Aiyi's current stat was good or bad. It wasn't known if this could be considered as coming back together. Alves' brief silence made Gu Huai blink and his eyes turned slightly red.

"Here." Alves pursed his lips and picked up the grey egg, which Gu Huai hadn't noticed and handed it to Gu Huai.

Gu Huai saw the egg and was a bit stunned. "This is... Aiyi?"

"En." Alves answered in a single syllable.

"Ah Huai." He continued in a low voice. "Don't cry."

Hearing Alves say this, Gu Huai only just realized that his face was a bit wet. Then Alves leaned down to kiss the wet spot on his cheek.

"I will never leave you." Without this, Alves couldn't be reassured.

Gu Huai raised his hands and wiped his eyes. Then he held the grey egg handed over by Alves with both hands. Using the equivalent exchange ability, he sacrificed part of his vitality and Aiyi's body to turn Aiyi into his egg...

Gu Huai reached out to touch the grey egg. Through his mental strength, he sensed the cub's life response. It was a very vigorous life response. This was a healthy egg.

"Be sure to be born healthy," Gu Huai told the egg.

Aiyi might've become an egg and it was unknown what would happen in the future, but Aiyi's life hadn't completely disappeared. For this, Gu Huai was very grateful.

The egg had no way to respond to Gu Huai. It just stayed quietly in Gu Huai's hands. Still, the moment Gu Huai said this, the life response from the egg seemed more active like he was silently responding to Gu Huai.

Gu Huai blinked again and suddenly felt moved while wanting to shed tears.

Gu Huai carefully placed the egg back on the pillow and raised his eyes to see Alves standing motionless by the bed, watching him. Then he finally realized that the state of his big cat was different.

"How long have I slept?" Gu Huai raised his head and asked.

Alves replied truthfully, "Five days."

Gu Huai immediately responded. "Have you been by my side? You haven't gone anywhere?"

"En." Alves responded.

Based on this expression, Alves didn't show any special feelings. He still gave off a cold feeling. It was just that in Gu Huai's eyes, there was more persistence than usual. This person wouldn't disappear when watching him. Alves was very insecure right now. It meant not leaving at all, not even eating or sleeping.

Understanding this, Gu Huai pulled Alves' hand and told the other person, "I'm hungry."

"I haven't eaten for five days and I'm hungry." Gu Huai reiterated.