Chapter 16

The chief of staff and other top Tuser executives felt a moment of concern. Then they found that Alves didn't appear out of control after removing the blindfold. The golden eyes, which hadn't been seen for a long time, glanced at them with no temperature, but normal sanity was maintained.

It was just that their inherent impression was too deep. The chief of staff didn't know if this was a moment of calm before Alves lost control. He didn't dare to calm down when it came to Gu Huai's safety.

"Your Majesty, you can't stay here. Please allow your subordinates to take you away." The chief of staff seemed a bit anxious. Among the many confused Zerg, he was the quickest to react and came to Gu Huai.

Capalia, who was prepared for battle, hadn't moved. The unexpected development made her reexamine the situation but her eyes continued to focus on the immediate danger. Alves was expressionless and didn't seem surprised, but he didn't explain anything.

He might indeed be able to maintain his sanity for a short time and felt that everything was very quiet without the need for destruction, but Alves couldn't absolutely guarantee that he would never lose control.

However, he saw the young man raise his hand and Alves moved his tail. The cold silver-grey tail gently rubbed against Gu Huai's hand. It didn't make any circling action but it slowly touched Gu Huai's fingers.

Since knowing that winter temperatures made Gu Huai feel cold, Alves rarely let his tail touch the other person. It was okay across clothes but direct contact with the skin wasn't possible. Gu Huai's fingers were warm and the feeling of being touched by Alves' tail was naturally very obvious.

Gu Huai looked down at the silver-grey tail rubbing against his finger and then up at the quietly watching Alves. It was like the big silver cat was saying to him that it could be good, don't throw it away.

Thus, Gu Huai subconsciously hugged the tail that was ready to retract after rubbing against his fingers. This tail wasn't really friendly to hold in winter. Gu Huai held it and his hand suddenly froze. For example, it felt like touching the iron railing outside in winter.

However, Gu Huai saw that Alves' expression was a bit wrong and in order to not let the big cat feel discarded, Gu Huai had to use this action. If there was a cover then holding the tail should be a bit warmer?

"I won't leave." Gu Huai shook his head at the chief of staff and sat down on the sofa with the tail in his hands. He also tugged at Alves' tail and motioned for the other person to sit down with him.

The latter sat down obediently. Once this happened, Gu Huai put the silver-grey tail in his hand onto his lap. Always holding it was a bit tiring but in front of such an obedient big cat, Gu Huai didn't have the heart to put it down.

Gu Huai didn't have any awareness of the impact this scene had on the surrounding Zerg. He just didn't want Alves to be looked at with such wary and panicked eyes. It was clear that this big cat was really good. Gu Huai thought this and calmly touched the silver-grey tail placed on his lap, letting the other side know that he wasn't afraid.

Alves made a slightly squinting expression, which had previously meant a dangerous gesture when his eyes weren't blindfolded. If he showed this expression in better than the enemy would be frightened and wouldn't live long.

The chief of staff and other Zerg had such memories of this expression yet now they only saw Alves move his tail slightly when touched by the youth. Like a feline with fur, he squinted and was unusually meek.

The tension in the hall only lasted a moment. It soon dissipated due to Gu Huai's actions. Alves didn't lose control or go mad after taking off his blindfold. The Zerg in this place slowly accepted this fact and let go of their worries.