Extra One - The World You Were Born In

Extra One – The World You Were Born In

The heavily polluted sky was grey-blue. Dust and sand were constantly flying around on the ground and some gravel was also blown by the extremely cold wind, occasionally hitting the Tak Zerg who were walking on this land.

There were more than 20 Tak Zerg, all of whom were low-grade Tak Zerg with neither a humanoid form or much intelligence. They were led by the largest Tak Zerg. This was an abandoned planet and the Tak Zerg had fallen to the planet as they were invading an enemy warship in a war. The enemies on the warship were all wiped out when the warship crashed and the Tak Zerg survived with their strong physical defense.

How long have these Tak Zerg lived on this planet since coming to it? It seemed like two or three years. The Tak Zerg didn't count time. For the Tak who didn't have much intelligence, they didn't care about their living environment. It didn't matter where they lived as long as they were alive.

Survival and fighting, these two things made up the Tak Zerg. Their role in the war was just about survival. This had always been the case and it would still be the same from now on...

Then on this planet, on a morning that wasn't special and was as ordinary as usual, the Tak Zerg unintentionally found something that was a very precious treasure to them. It was a white cub egg lying deep in a dim cave.

In the eyes of these Tak Zerg, the egg was very small. Since their bodies were so large, the egg was too small in comparison. The cub that lay in this egg must be much younger. It was young and needed their protection.

Just as the Tak Zerg entered the cave and found the egg, they saw a ferocious creature with exposed fangs approaching the egg. It was already close and was only one or two metres away from the egg.

This scene immediately stimulated the Tak Zerg into a violent state. They let out a sharp hiss from their throats and rushed to fight without hesitation before the creature could touch the egg. The ferocious creatures on this planet posed no threat to an adult Zerg. Even the low-grade Zerg were already at the top of this planet's food chain. The ferocious creature trying to get close to the egg was quickly torn apart and the Tak Zerg carefully surrounded the tiny white egg.

It was just an egg. This egg wouldn't actively send any messages to the outside world but the link engraved in every Zerg gene couldn't be cut off. The moment they saw it, they understood how precious the cub inside this egg was.

"Hiss..." Looking at the egg, all the Tak Zerg in this cave had contracted pupils and they made loss hissing sounds. Unlike their other sounds, this was a very careful and low hissing sound like they were afraid of scaring the cub. Instinctive protection made these Tak Zerg choose to stay. They used this dim cave as a nest and started to guard the egg they found in this cave. The cave's location was relatively secluded and had only one entrance, making it a good place to use as a stronghold.

After settling down, the Tak Zerg no longer planned to leave. Every day, they would complete their guard duty very seriously. The same thing might be repeated every day but the task of guarding the egg didn't make the Tak Zerg feel dull.On the contrary, they felt joy for the first time as they guarded the egg.

This joy didn't strike them violently. It was in their hearts for a long time so the Tak Zerg could feel it all the time.

As a Zerg who didn't feel much emotions and especially as a low-grade Zerg that didn't have much wisdom, the Tak Zerg didn't understand this emotion when guarding the egg but they still reacted to it.

This reaction made their vertical pupils shrink slightly when they watched the egg and they couldn't help occasionally touching the egg with their forearms. Their forearms were sharp so the Tak Zerg deliberately avoided the sharp side when they touched the egg.