40

It wasn't a joke to smash a big hole in the floor. The entire cubicle shook and the alarm in the prison rang.

Gu Huai was caught off guard by this unexpected incident but he was still faster than the others. By the time the prison guards rushed over, he had recovered. He coughed and explained to the staff.

"I'm sorry, nothing happened. We weren't careful and accidentally smashed the floor. We will be responsible for the maintenance costs and compensation." Gu Huai was polite while reflexivity turning sideways to block Alves' silver-grey tail.

However, before Gu Huai blocked it, the staff members noticed the tail. They looked at the place where the floor was significantly dented and couldn't help being silent for a few seconds.

This was a floor made of special building materials and a general drilling machine couldn't touch it. How could they make such a pit out of carelessness? If it wasn't carelessness then why did they smash the floor?

Gu Huai probably read the inner thoughts of the staff members from their silence. He maintained a normal smile and waited for them to leave while glancing at the expression of Alves beside him. There was no doubt that the big cat was unhappy but why...

Gu Huai tried to think about it and a vague idea soon shook his heart. This...

Was he angry because Gu Huai called the two Grey Tower soldiers cute? Alves' unhappy performance at this time could be called extremely obvious. Gu Huai glanced at the cold side profile and silver-grey tail and felt a bit guilty.

He didn't know specifically what he was guilty about. Gu Huai thought about how he called this big cat 'cute' more than once but now he said it to other people in front of the big cat. It seemed he was somewhat...

Um... he was...

A scum?

The word suddenly popped into his head and Gu Huai couldn't help being stunned. He felt this word wasn't quite right but before Gu Huai could think of a suitable alternative, Alves' tail circled him.

Gu Huai passively leaned back against Alves who had already wrapped a tail around the young man's body. At this time, Alves raised his left hand that was wearing standard gloves and placed it against Gu Huai's waist, only leaving his right hand free.

Alves left a hand free because his combat consciousness meant he was ready to fight at any time. There was also one more factor. He needed to protect a person. No matter how you looked at it, this hugging posture showed a type of possession. Alves' eyes had become even more indifferent to the two Grey Tower soldiers as he glanced at them.

After enclosing Gu Huai in his arms, Alves bowed his eyes and his eyes were fixed on Gu Huai for a long time. Obviously, Alves didn't say anything at this time. Gu Huai was stared at by the other person's vertical pupils and the guilty feeling in his heart grew a bit.

"Are you angry...?" It was too late to manage the posture in front of the two men so Gu Huai asked this question.

Alves remained silent and didn't admit it  but it was clear when the other side didn't respond to his question. Gu Huai sensed the tail around him tightening a bit. This situation—

Due to a certain feeling of guilt, Gu Huai didn't struggle against the current position. He stroked the cold tail and lowered his voice. "Don't be angry."

However, the big silver cat wasn't coaxed this time. Gu Huai opened his mouth to say something else but then he saw the two Grey Tower soldiers opposite him and the words didn't emerge.

"Wait a minute." Gu Huai nodded apologetically to the two Grey Tower soldiers. It wasn't easy to let the silver-grey tail around him let go and he led Alves to a corner.