Chapter 2

It was impossible to wait in place to die but he really didn't want to run naked.

The contradictory thoughts brought about a brief pause in Gu Huai's actions and there were two thoughts in his mind.

1. Try to escape.

2. Want clothes.

Gu Huai had maintained the posture of one head sticking out and his hands were on the edge of the eggshell. The moment he demanded clothes, something happened that he couldn't understand with common sense.

A palm-sized piece of the white eggshell he was touching suddenly disappeared in the air and at the same time, simple clothes appeared on his body.

Run!

His body reacted faster than his mind. Gu Huai pushed hard with his hands and quickly jumped out. Then he ran at his fastest speed through the gap that was the only possible survival route.

Gu Huai thought as he ran. The dangerous creatures originally slowly surrounding him instantly burst into high-speed movement as they chased.

People of an interstellar race would have numb scalps in the face of a Zerg swarm. It was because this was an assault that didn't fear death.

There was no fear of death. The Zerg soldiers who accepted the orders of their superiors would ignore pain and destroy the enemy with a cold and unsympathetic attitude. They didn't even see their own death as a sacrifice but as a natural tactic.

At this moment, only Gu Huai could say his mood as he was chased by the Tak Zerg...

He couldn't run anymore.

The cave was so dark that it wasn't easy for Gu Huai, who had no night vision, to see the road ahead.

In addition, this cave was too big. Gu Huai wasn't sure if he was running in the direction of the exit or deeper inside the cave, but he couldn't care about that now.

Even if the chance of survival was small, struggling was better than not struggling.

However, the result of running in a state where he couldn't slow down or see the path was that the running Gu Huai suddenly tripped an obstacle that he didn't notice, his right knee directly hitting the ground.

"Hiss..." This fall wasn't light and Gu Huai reflexively hissed.

This was a cry of pain. The Tak Zerg chasing knew this even if they didn't have much intelligence.

This understanding caused the Tak Zerg to almost instantaneously enter a frenzied state that normally only occurred when they were seriously injured. They let out a low threatening sound from their throat and the scarlet vertical pupils let out bloodthirsty killing intent.

The young man's cries of pain were a great stimulus for these Tak Zerg. They couldn't tolerate such a thing but couldn't find a target that could be their enemy.

Gu Huai had stopped running because of the fall. The Tak Zerg chasing behind him once again surrounded him.

There was no chance...

The moment he was surrounded, Gu Huai had to accept his fate.

There wasn't even a chance to get up. Gu Huai watched the large creature raise its dangerous forearm that was like a jagged blade to his side.

It was sharper than a real knife. The moment this blade descended, Gu Huai couldn't help gritting his teeth and closing his eyes.

One second...

Two seconds...

Three seconds...?

The expected pain didn't appear. Gu Huai slowly opened his eyes and found that nothing happened to him. It was just that the obstacle he stumbled over was completely flat.