85

During the two years when Gu Huai slept, some large changes took place in the interstellar world. The most obvious one was that the term 'Golden Age' became commonly recognized by various races in the universe.

Regarding the Golden Age, this term first emerged after the Zerg joined the Star Alliance. At first, it only spread through the population but now it had become an official word.

Out of the shadows of the old era as well as some of the contradictions and friction that still existed in the new era, in the Golden Age, each interstellar race was developing in a most prosperous direction.

Apart from the Zerg, this was probably the best time for all interstellar races. However, it seemed they couldn't be too comfortable. Throughout the ages, there were always some new crises in prosperity and the current Golden Age was no exception.

The current crisis faced by various interstellar races came through a star gate that appeared without warning, an unknown enemy from another universe.

The Tawez.

No one had seen this race before. They only knew that the other side had come with the purpose of aggression. The Tawez army had very special virtual energy weapons. These powerful virtual weapons were the basis of the Tawez' attempted invasion.

If it had been before the Golden age when the size of the Star Alliance hadn't developed to the present scale and the interstellar races weren't so united, perhaps the Tawez could quickly capture some weaker races at the beginning of their invasion. Instead, they fought to the present and occupied 10 resource-poor planets as a base.

The Golden Age should be a magnificent and prosperous era. In order to protect this hard-won peace and prosperity, all races in the stars had the same mentality. Although the enemy found it difficult to advance, the allied forces were unable to wipe out the other side completely.

The incredible regeneration ability that the Tawez seemed to have... or the ability to resurrect meant both sides maintained the current stalemate.

In fact, according to the strength of the combined army, the Star Alliance should've been able to occupy an absolute advantage. Unfortunately, the strongest and most powerful force among them didn't exert its maximum power in this war...

This force referred to the Zerg armies. It wasn't that the Zerg army didn't contribute to this war. On the contrary, the Zerg fully fulfilled their obligations and no one could criticize them. It was just that some of the races who experienced what it was like to face the Zerg now felt the difference in this way...

Before their 'king' appeared, fighting with the Zerg army was too scary. Just thinking back on it caused them to feel numb. They were a terrifying army. The Zerg soldiers might not have the ability to resurrect but no matter the casualties, it had no effect on the Zerg.

The low-grade zerg would continue to multiply and regenerate, these new Zerg quickly filling the gaps in the army caused by casualties and further strengthening the Zerg. So any race that wanted to fight the Zerg would only feel despair.

Cold and brutal, fierce and ruthless, these labels were once firmly attached to the Zerg. All of this changed with the birth of the king.

The Zerg became friendly to the outside world, showing a willingness to assist weak races and no longer refusing to associate with other races. They made important contributions to interstellar peace in many ways.

Then after the king fell asleep...

"I want to say that the Zerg are completely lacking interest in this room." In a conference room on a human warship, Hammer sat in the main seat in a posture where he was almost lying on the table in front of him and sighed.