two

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I STARED through the glass doors of the BAU. I can't believe I'm actually here, it feels so surreal. I stare at the people sitting at their desks working on paperwork and laughing together. But they aren't just people, they're my future colleagues. Colleagues that I really hope will like me. Oh my god, what if they don't like me, what if-

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the door in front of me opened. "You must be Dr. y/l/n! I'm Jennifer Jareau, but you can call me JJ." The blonde said with a warm smile. She motioned for me to follow her.

"It's nice to meet you! And you can just call me y/n." I said as I followed her to my new desk which just so happens to be in the middle of the bullpen. 

"Good, we already have too many Doctors around here," JJ joked with a laugh. I smiled back, I already liked her. At this point, everyone was up from their desks to greet me.

"Y/n!" Spencer Reid said with a big wave.

"Hey, Dr. Reid!" I smiled back. It was really nice to see him. 

"When Prentiss said she was interviewing you, I was ecstatic! I told her you were my star student." He said excitedly.

"I think I was your only student that wasn't just auditing your classes," I said which caused everyone to laugh.

"Hi! I'm Dr. Tara Lewis!" A woman said with a big smile as she shook my hand. Tara Lewis... Why does that name sound familiar? I stared at her for a couple of seconds before remembering why I recognized that name.

"Oh my gosh, I did a paper on your dissertation about the influence of socioeconomic class on criminals! Your work is amazing!" I said excitedly.

 She looked at me impressed. "Really?! Well, whenever you have time I would love to discuss any thoughts you had on it" 

"Absolutely, that would be amazing." I beamed back. Tara gave me a small wink before I was introduced to Matt Simmons and Luke Alvez. Just from meeting them, I already knew they would be fun to work with.

The last person I met in the bullpen was David Rossi, to say I was excited was an understatement. I've read his books since I was a teenager and now he's standing right in front of me. 

"David Rossi." He said casually with a smile as if I didn't know that he was a founder of the literal BAU. 

"It's an honor to meet you, sir." I beamed back. I decided to take the safer route and not go full-on fan-girl and embarrass myself. Although I will definitely be bringing up the topic of his books later...

"Alright let's go introduce you to Penelope," JJ said with a smile as she looped her arm around mine. I saw everyone look at each other before bursting out into laughter. "Good luck!" Luke called out. I looked at JJ confused but she just laughed. We walked through the hallway before entering Penelope's "lair". JJ said that the word "office" felt too formal for Penelope.

"Look who's here Pen!" JJ said as soon as we walked into the lair. Penelope immediately turned around from her computer.

"Oh, my Goddess!" The blonde said excitedly as she ran towards me. She immediately put her hands on both sides of my face. "Gorgeous and a genius! Emily chose well!" Penelope beamed as she removed her hands and pulled me into a hug. I was slightly surprised by the motion but hugged her back anyway. "It's nice to meet you!" I laughed. JJ watched in amusement before cutting in.

"Penelope, we talked about being less overbearing.." JJ laughed as she pulled Penelope off of me. Which I was grateful for, not because I didn't appreciate the hug, but because it had almost been twenty seconds and Penelope showed no signs of letting go.