twenty nine

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Don't forget the cake!" I yelled from the bathroom as I heard Emily grabbing stuff from the kitchen. It was July 4th and Dave was having everyone over. Things were still a bit tense between him and Emily, so I hoped today they could fix it. I hated that things were off between them.

"You really want me to bring it?" Emily asked as I walked into the kitchen. During my time off I had taken up baking. Which proved to be even harder when you only have one hand. And it was hard because I couldn't bake for the life of me.

"Yes! Look how well I frosted it!" I said proudly as I took off the cake cover and showed her my work.

"Wow, that actually looks really good sweetheart." Emily smiled as she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey don't sound so surprised!" I pouted and Emily just chuckled. "Come on, lets go."

The ride to Dave's house was mostly just filled with light talk. Mainly, it was just Emily warning me to not let the kids mess up my arm since I still had the sling on for another week.

It was 2pm by the time we got there and judging from the amount of cars in the driveway, we were probably one of the last people to arrive.

Emily got out and helped me out of the car like she always does and we headed straight to the back yard.

"Auntie Em! Auntie Y/n!" Michael yelled as he ran over to us and practically jumped into Emily's arms.

"Hey Champ." Emily laughed as she caught him a ruffled his hair.

"Mommy said we have to be careful around Auntie Y/n." Michael whispered to Emily and she laughed while I rolled my eyes.

"Well, your mommy's right. Go easy on her, okay?" Emily said with smile.

"Okay!" He said happily as he jumped out of Emily arms and grabbed onto my non-injured hand to pull me to the other kids.

"Hey! You better be careful!" Emily yelled after me.

"Okay, mom." I yelled back and Emily just rolled her eyes.

I watched Emily walk back to the car to get the cake while Michael pulled across the lawn to all the other kids and Spencer, who was currently performing a magic trick.

"And the magic penny..... IS GONE!!" I heard Spencer say before it hit me square in the forehead and fell to the ground.

"Ow." I mumbled as I watched Michael reach down and pick it up.

"Uncle Spence I found the magic Penny!" Michael said as he pulled us toward him and showed him the penny.

"OOHH!" All the kids yelled as they ran toward us.

"You're not very good at magic, Uncle Spence." Lily, one of Matt's daughters giggled.

I saw the look on Spencer's face and laughed. "Tough crowd." I said and Spencer just laughed along as he walked over to me.

"I'm out of magic tricks so please tell me you have something else to entertain them." Spencer whispered. "Of course I do," I whispered back.

"Who wants to play kickball?!" I yelled and all the kids yelled 'YES' at the same time.

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Your girlfriend is her getting her ass kicked in kickball by my son right now." JJ said as I made my way outside after putting Y/n's cake in the fridge.

"What?" I asked confused as walked over to JJ, Will, Tara, Matt, and Kristy. JJ pointed across the lawn and I saw Y/n standing on one of the homemade base's while Michael was standing next to her, occasionally bumping into her leg to keep her from running bases.