thirteen

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

IT'S BEEN two weeks since the gala and things were different, to say the least. And by things, I mean Emily.

She still spent 95% of her time hauled up in her office, but when she wasn't in her office she was actually interacting with everyone. She even let us leave early one day and I think everyone almost had a heart attack from shock.

Emily's change in behavior has thrown everyone for a loop. "Maybe she won the lottery," Luke said during lunch break.

"Emily doesn't care about money. She's already loaded from working for the CIA." Reid chimed in. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Maybe she's finally getting laid," JJ said with a smirk. I looked down at my hands and tried to ignore the pang of jealousy that was rising in my chest.

"I think you may be right JJ," Penelope said with a wink.

I bit the inside of my cheek. I hated the fact that I was jealous of the mere speculation of Emily sleeping with someone. I hate it even more that JJ is probably right. What else could have Emily in such a good mood?

God, I was so stupid for thinking the gala is what changed her behavior. So fucking stupid and naive.

I guess I should have gotten the hint from the fact that she hasn't brought up that night in the last two weeks. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that the gala meant as much to her as it did to me.  Although I had no one to blame but myself, she had made it very clear as to why I was attending the gala with her.

Leave it to me to fall for my emotionally unavailable boss who probably doesn't give me a second thought.

"Any theories Y/n?" JJ said as she bumped her leg into mine. "Uh, no. You're probably right JJ." I said with an unconvincing laugh. They all looked at me skeptically, but thankfully no one said anything.

"Well, I hope whatever is making her happy doesn't stop. It's nice seeing her like this again." Penelope said with a soft smile. Everyone nodded happily.

That night, as I lay in bed, all I could think about was Emily.

I couldn't seem to wrap my head around the intense attraction I felt toward her. I've never felt this way toward someone before, let alone someone I met less than two months ago. It wasn't just about her looks, it was about everything. I just felt safe around her and I don't understand why.

How is it possible to feel this way for someone I barely know? How did I let myself get this far in the first place? Fuck my stupid heart.

I rolled over and looked at the clock to see that it was almost 2 am. I groaned as I rolled onto my back again. Fuck my entire life and fuck Emily Prentiss for unintentionally making me fall for her.

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I HOPE whoever invented the concept of "being in love makes you soft", gets pushed off a fucking cliff.

I'm a former international spy, I've run the entire Interpol field office, and I'm the unit chief of the BAU. People fear me and I like that.

So why the hell am I in my closet on a Friday morning trying to pick out an outfit where my deciding factor is if Y/n would think I look good in it? This is pitiful, I'm fucking pitiful.

I swear my heart must be malfunctioning or something. I've never felt this way toward anyone in my 39 years on this earth. I was honestly starting to think my heart just didn't have the capacity to fall for someone.  Of course, my heart gets turned back on by one of my subordinates, who I don't even know is gay or not...