nine

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I WOKE up to the smell of coffee. Once my eyes started to adjust to the light I studied my surroundings. I sat up. This is definitely not my apartment...

Once I realized I was in Emily's office everything came back to me. Except for the blanket that was covering me. I definitely don't remember having it on me when I fell asleep. That must mean that Emily-

"You're awake," Emily stated as she walked into her office and took a seat at her desk. She was wearing the same clothes as yesterday so she definitely didn't go home. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:12 am.

"Did you not sleep last night?" I asked genuinely concerned. I just realized that I've never actually seen Emily leave the office.

"No, I can function without sleep. You, apparently can't." She said gesturing towards me on the couch. She must have seen the look of confusion on my face because she started talking again.

"It was part of my CIA training, we had to retrain our bodies to function on limited sleep." She said before taking a sip of coffee.

"You were in the CIA?!" I asked surprised. Emily was the only person on the team that I didn't know a lot about. Hell, I don't know anything about her.

"Yes," Emily said. I waited for further elaboration, but it didn't come. I wasn't surprised. Although, this may have been the most she's talked to me about something other than work. So that was a plus.

"Head home for a little bit. The rest of the team isn't getting here until 7:30," Emily said, breaking the silence. I nodded as I stood up, I don't even want to imagine what I look like right now. God, why do I always end up in these kinds of situations in front of Emily...

I stopped at the door and turned to face Emily, "Uh, thank you." I said with a sincere smile. She gave me a small nod before looking down at her desk. I could tell she knew what I was talking about even though I didn't say it out loud. Maybe she's not as bad as I thought...

I headed to my car as quickly as possible and sped home. Once I got into my apartment I took a quick shower, blow-dried my hair, did a little bit of makeup, and picked out a new outfit. I put on a long sleeve red v-neck and black pants. I wanted something simple because I knew we were going to be at the soccer fields scoping out everyone.

I finally left my apartment at 7:10 with freshly brewed coffee and a protein bar in hand.

I got to the BAU around 7:35 and saw everyone else at their desks. When I sat down at my desk JJ and Tara looked at me surprised. "You're late. You're never late" JJ said confused.

"It's only 7:35." I laughed.

"Yeah but you're usually here like 30 minutes early. Late night?" Tara said with a smirk, leaning closer to me. I already knew what she was implying. Two things that I have learned from my time here, are that everyone is in everyone's business and it's impossible to hide something from a group of profilers.

"Not that kind of late night, I was just here looking over the case with Emily," I said with a laugh. Tara raised her eyebrows. I immediately closed my mouth, I definitely shouldn't have included the part about Emily. Not that anything happened, but the way Tara was looking at me, made it feel like something did.

"What time did you leave?" JJ asked.

"Uh, this morning?" I answered quietly. Well, this sure isn't helping my case.

"You spent the night here with Emily?!" Tara laughed covering her mouth so no one else could hear. I groaned.

"Oh my god, no, it wasn't like that! We were going back and forth about the case at like 1 AM. I got tired so I accidentally fell asleep on the couch and then she put a blanket on me and just let me sleep." I rambled on trying to defend myself. I really didn't want them to think I would sleep with my boss. Not that I would even have a chance at that happening...