seventeen

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

WE'VE BEEN working on the case for a week now and we still don't have any leads. Every time we think we're closing in on an unsub everything goes wrong.

The only good thing is that we all get our own hotel rooms. Although, a tiny pathetic part of me was hoping that Garcia didn't book enough rooms so Emily and I could share one. Then I would actually be able to spend time with her. We didn't even need to talk, I just wanted to be in her presence. Just me and her.

True to her word, Emily didn't supervise me in the field. However, if I had known that it meant that we would literally never work together I would have just gone to the gala with her for free.

I find myself missing her and I hate myself for it, because why should I? She's not my girlfriend and I honestly don't even know if she would consider me her friend. She's my boss and that's it. That's all we'll ever be.

Suddenly my phone rang and I picked it up after seeing it was JJ.

"Y/n! Wanna come over to my room? Tara and I are ordering pizza." She paused. "This case is awful." She continued. And she was right, this case really was awful.

I sighed as I looked at the clock. It was 9 pm but I wasn't feeling very social. "Thanks for the invite Jay, but I'm gonna pass. I'm wiped." I said softly into the phone.

"No worries! But promise me you'll get some sleep and not obsess over this case." She said seriously. I smiled at how caring she was.

"I promise," I said as I leaned my head against the headboard of the bed.

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow Y/n."

"Bye JJ."

I closed my eyes and prayed that exhaustion would fall upon me. It didn't.

I stood up and walked to my window and saw it was a cloudless night. I smiled to myself as I ran over to put on my shoes. I pulled a sweatshirt over my tank top but kept my shorts on since it wasn't too cold out.

As I exited my room I thought about inviting Reid but I opted not to.

I walked around the hotel aimlessly trying to find a door to the roof. Eventually, I found it and made my way to the door.

As soon as I stepped outside I felt relaxed. The wind was blowing but it felt nice. I walked to the railing of the roof and was grateful that no one was up there. It was just me, my thoughts, and the stars. I leaned my elbows against the railings as I admired the sky above me.

This is exactly what I needed. A quiet night with fresh air where I could be alone-

"Y/n?" A voice said from behind me. My eyes widened and I whipped my head around when I realized who it was.

"What are you doing here?" Emily and I asked each other at the same time.

She walked up next to me before answering. "I needed some fresh air. You?" She said softly.

I looked up at her and couldn't help but stare. The wind was blowing in her hair and her skin was glowing in the moonlight. She was so beautiful it took my breath away. "I just wanted to look at the stars," I said quietly.

"Oh okay, I didn't mean to bother you. I can go." She said with a small smile as she turned around slowly.

Before I realized what I was doing I immediately grabbed her arm softly. "No, it's okay, you can stay," I said quietly.

"I want you to say," I said, surprising both myself and Emily. Her eyes flickered down to my hand and then back to my eyes. God, I could just get lost in her eyes.