seven

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"FIRST ROUND'S on me!" Penelope said as she walked over and handed JJ, Tara, and me a beer. We were at O'Keefes, where the team goes after every case. The four of us were at a table and Matt, Luke, Rossi, and Reid were next to us.

"How was your first case?" Penelope asked eagerly.

"It was uh, eventful?" I said skeptically, not really knowing how to answer that question.

"Y/n broke Emily," JJ said with a giggle. I groaned and put my hands over my face. I was hoping no one would bring it up.

"What?! You have to tell me what happened! I miss all the good stuff." Penelope whined.

I told Penelope a shortened version of everything that happened and she looked at me wide-eyed. Then she broke out into a huge smile and held her hand up for a high-five.

"I can't believe you told off Prentiss! I think you're my new favorite doctor." Penelope beamed as I returned the high-five.

"What about me?" Tara said giving Penelope fake puppy dog eyes.

"Hmmm, you're a close second," Penelope said. Tara glared at her.

All of a sudden JJ's phone rang. When she looked at the caller ID her eyes widened. "Oh shit! I forgot to tell Will we're back." She said as she excused herself from the table.

"I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that," Tara said as she took a sip of beer.

"Me too," I said with a small laugh.

Penelope gasped causing both Tara and I to immediately turn towards her. "I knew you were single!" Penelope said as she pointed at me.

I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction "Yeah I am." I was still slightly confused about why she was so interested in my love life.

"You're going to regret telling her that," Tara whispered to me. I laughed nervously. What does that mean...

JJ came back and sat down. "Everything good on LaMontagne Land?" Tara teased.

"Yeah! I told him I'd be home in a couple of hours. He and the boys are having a marvel movie marathon." JJ laughed. I could tell by the way JJ talked about her family that they meant the world to her. Oh, what I would give to have that...

"Anyways, what did I miss while I was gone?" JJ asked confused as she watched Penelope looking around the bar intently.

"I think she finding y/n a date," Tara said quietly to JJ. Oh God, this should be interesting...

"What about him, y/n?!" Penelope said pointing to a man in the corner. It took everything in me to not spit out my drink. I always forget that people just assume I'm straight.

"Not my type," I said slowly. I could have stopped Penelope right then and told her that he wasn't my type because I wasn't into guys, but I held my tongue. In all honesty, I found this extremely amusing. But on the other hand, I was almost... scared? I didn't want them to think of me differently. Not that I think they would, but you never know...

"Hmmm, him?!" Penelope said after looking through the bar again. She was pointing to a tall blonde in the back.

"Not my type," I repeated. Penelope took my words as a challenge because she started looking again.

I could see JJ and Tara watching in amusement.

"Okay, what about him?" The blonde said as she pointed to another man, this one had jet-black hair. I tried to stifle my laughter.

"Also, not my type," I said with a small smile. I could tell from the way JJ and Tara were looking at me that they were starting to catch onto what I was implying.

"Hey, Penelope, why don't you cool it a little-" Tara said softly but also protectively.

"Goodness Gracious y/n! Give me a hint as to what your type is so I'm not shooting in the dark!" Penelope said eagerly completely ignoring Tara. Well, here it goes.

I looked around the bar and pointed to the first woman I saw, who just so happened to have straight raven hair. Well...

"Y/n! I already pointed to him." Penelope said confused. I raised my eyebrows before realizing that the woman was behind the first guy Penelope pointed out.

"I'm pointing to the person behind him Penelope," I said with a small laugh. Penelope maneuvered her head so she could see.

"Oh... OH. OH MY GOD! Y/n why would you let me ramble on like that?! I hope you know this doesn't change the way I see you." Penelope said grabbing my hand, her tone turning serious. I let out a deep breath. I knew I shouldn't have been worried.

I smiled back at Penelope and squeezed her hand in appreciation before letting go.

"Well, welcome to the club, y/n!" Tara said giving me a high five. I smiled. How have I only known these people for two days? I feel like I've known them for a lifetime. I trust them more than anyone I've ever met.

"You know, y/n. If you want to get into the dating scene, you should talk to Emily. Although, she's probably slept with half the women in D.C." JJ giggled.

"Emily's gay?!" I said, this time actually spitting out my drink.

They all looked at me wide-eyed before bursting out into laughter.

"Oh, y/n. We really need to work on your gaydar." Tara teased as she patted my shoulder.

"I- Uh-," I attempted to counter back, but I was at a loss for words. I really don't know why I assumed she was straight.

"Although I'm not sure slept with, is the right wording JJ, more liked fucked half the women in D.C.," Tara said, going back to JJ's comment.

I stared at her with my mouth open.

"God, that woman is into some kinky-ass shit," Tara added before taking another sip of beer. My mouth was still wide open. Of course, she was. She was so strong and demanding. I could just imagine her- Stop.

All of a sudden I saw JJ kick Tara from under the table. "Ow, what the hell was that for?!"

"You can't just say that out loud." JJ whispered-yelled as she motioned towards Luke, Matt, Reid, and Rossi who looked like they were listening into our conversation. I found myself oddly disappointed by JJ's statement. I really wanted to hear what else Tara had to say...

"Oh, right."

"Girls' night!" Penelope said all of a sudden.

"We need a girl's night, especially now that we have y/n!" Penelope said with a wink. I nodded enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah! That would be fun!" JJ and Tara said.

"Of course, Emily has to come. I don't care how much paperwork she claims to have, her ass is going to be there no matter what!" Penelope said hopefully which caused everyone to laugh.

We stayed at the bar for the next two hours. Eventually, the guys migrated to our table and I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my entire life. It was so refreshing to be with them and not talk about work and all the dead bodies we see.

By the time I got to my apartment, it was 11 pm. I saw Ivy sleeping on the couch so I plopped next to her. I pulled her into my lap and pet her while she fell asleep. Eventually, I made my way upstairs and got ready for bed.

But even after I turned the lights off and was laying down, my brain was moving 100 miles per hour. Except, there was one common theme among all my thoughts, and it just so happens to be about the one person who is probably finding 100 different reasons to fire me. She also happens to be extremely hot and into women.

Emily Prentiss.