five

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

OH MY GOD. I almost fell out of my bed when I woke up to someone standing over me. Their brown eyes practically stared into my soul. My eyes finally start to adjust so that I can make out the figure above me. Oh no.

"Not a morning person?" Emily asked boredly.

"You scared the shit out of me," I said still trying to recover from shock as I sat up. I didn't even hear her come in. How long and why was she staring at me?

I could feel her eyes on me and all of a sudden I felt underdressed in my tank top. I subconsciously crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Well, that wouldn't have happened if you actually slept in your own room last night." She said annoyed, her eyes staying trained on me. Oh right....

"What's happening?" JJ asked with a yawn as she sat up. 

"Meet me at the police station in half an hour. And next time, sleep in your own goddamn room." Emily said with a frown before heading to the door. The sound of the door shutting caused Tara to wake up. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed again," Tara mumbled still half asleep. "I'm not sure if the right side even exists anymore," JJ grumbled in agreement.

JJ and I quickly headed to our hotel room to get ready. She went to the bathroom while I pulled out an outfit from my bag. I decided on a dark green, silk button-up and black pants. Once JJ got out of the bathroom I quickly put on some makeup and pulled my hair into a ponytail before heading to the SUV.

As soon as we got outside I was surprised by how dark it was. I didn't even have time to look at the clock when I woke up. "Why the hell did Prentiss get us up at 6 am?" Luke complained as we pulled out of the hotel parking lot. "Who knows," JJ said rolling her eyes. The rest of the ride was silent but surprisingly comforting. I think everyone was too tired to even carry on a conversation.

After ten minutes we finally arrived at the police station and met up with Rossi, Tara, and Matt who were in the other SUV. The walk inside was filled with quiet complaints and groaning about how early it was. 

We walked into the conference room and saw Emily writing on the whiteboard facing away from us. "I said meet me in half an hour, not 45 minutes," Emily said coldly before finally turning around. "What happened to good morning, thanks for coming in so early?" Tara said under her breath, earning stifled laughter from everyone. Either Emily ignored her comment or just didn't hear it because she immediately started talking.

"Penelope found something that connects all the victims."

"At 6 am in the morning?" Rossi asked raising his eyebrow. Emily ignored him.

"All five victims were diagnosed with borderline personality disorder," Emily said.

"So the unsub thinks she's making a cure for BPD?" Luke asked skeptically.

"Well, that makes sense, when I studied the ME's report I saw that all the victims had different levels of hydrochloric acid in their brains. It's possible that our unsub is determining the "dosage" level by the severity of each victim's symptoms." I said quickly. Everyone nodded in agreement. 

"This still doesn't give us any identifying information on our unsub," Matt said.

"Actually it does. It's obvious the unsub has a physical type. The victims have to be surrogates for someone, whether it's a friend, family member, or even themselves. Studies have shown that 1.6% of the adult U.S. population has BPD, so if we pull up every person diagnosed with BPD in this city, which shouldn't be a lot, we should be able to find a connection to our unsub." I responded.