twelve

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Y/n, this is Derek Morgan," I said with a smile.

He immediately pulled her into a friendly hug that she happily reciprocated. "So you're the famous Y/n. Pretty boy has told me all about you." He said with a smile as he pulled out of the hug. Y/n looked at me confused.

"Spencer." I clarified for her. Huh, I didn't realize she and Spencer were that close...

"Derek actually used to be a part of the BAU, but he retired to be a dad," I said with a smile. I honestly couldn't have been happier for him. After everything he's been through, he deserves a life without the stress of this job.

"That's amazing," Y/n said with a genuine smile.

"Yeah, it truly is. My wife Savannah and son Hank are the lights of my life." He said with a huge smile. "Although, I don't really like getting dragged to fancy-ass Gala like this." He laughed.

"Savannah's a doctor and has a lot of high-profile patients, so she gets invited to events like this all the time," I said to y/n.

The three of us talked for the next thirty minutes. Derek and Y/n hit it off right away. I wasn't surprised, I don't think it's even possible for someone to dislike Y/n.

All of a sudden one of the ambassadors Y/n and I had talked to earlier tonight walked up to us. "Dr. Y/l/n, if you have a moment I would love to introduce you to someone. She's a big fan of the dissertation you wrote for your Ph.D." Ambassador Thompson said as he smiled at Y/n.

"Yes! Of course!" Y/n beamed. She looked back at me and I gave her a small nod that made her smile even bigger. I watched as she walked next to Ambassador Thompson, already saying something that made him laugh.

I couldn't help but marvel at her. God, she looked absolutely beautiful tonight. But it wasn't just her looks that amazed me, it was everything about her. I don't even know where to start, she simply just... amazes me.

"Oh my god!" Derek said with a laugh that immediately tore my attention away from Y/n.

"I never thought I would see this day." Derek taunted as I finally turned towards him.

"What day?" I said confused and now slightly annoyed.

"You're fucking whipped Prentiss!" He said biting back another laugh.

"What are you talking about?" I gritted out, even though we both know what he was talking about.

"I'm talking about Y/n! She has you wrapped around her finger." He said as he playfully poked my shoulder.

"What?! No, she doesn't!" I said as I glared at him. Although, I'm not sure who I was trying to convince more: Derek or myself.

"Oh, come on Emily! I may not be a profiler anymore, but I'm not oblivious."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, still trying to deny everything Derek was saying. He rolled his eyes.

"Emily. You just laughed at every single joke she told and you haven't taken your eyes off of her all night. For anyone else, I would say that's the bare-fucking minimum, but for you to do that, she must really mean something to you. I haven't seen you this happy and relaxed in a long time." Derek said softly, I knew he wasn't joking anymore. I stared at him in defeat. There was no point in denying anything anymore.

"Derek, I've known her for a month," I said quietly.

"So, what's your point?"

"My point is that I don't understand how she has such a hold on me. I mean, I barely know her." I said slightly embarrassed and slightly relieved to be getting this off of my chest.