thirty two

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I was almost done unpacking all of Y/n's stuff into my apartment. Well, our apartment. I brought up the last box from my car and saw Y/n had abandoned her box and was sitting on the counter on the phone. "You did what?!" I heard her practically yell over the phone. They had just wrapped up the case which only lasted three days, so I knew this wasn't work-related.

"Y/n quiet down! She's still on the jet with us." I heard JJ say.

"Ugh! Of course I'm not with you guys when interesting stuff happens!" Y/n complained and then smiled at me when she heard me walk into the kitchen. I raised an eyebrow and Y/n pulled the phone away from her ear. "JJ chewed out Barnes on the jet." She whispers before putting her phone on speaker so we could both hear JJ.

"And by interesting you mean me probably getting fired!" I heard JJ argue quietly.

"JJ, you're going to be fine. I did the same thing-" Y/n started before JJ cut her off.

"And you're currently at home with your girlfriend, who is suspended because she also did the same thing!" JJ whisper-yelled. Y/n looked at me with a frown and I just shrugged, "She has a point,"

"Well, at least you won't have to worry about being unit chief anymore, right?" Y/n offered and I just stared at her. "Seriously?" I mouthed.

"What?" She mouthed back.

"If I'm still unit chief when I get back I'm suspending you," JJ said

"Hey! I was trying to look on the bright side!" Y/n argued.

"There is no goddam bright side, Y/n!" JJ argued back and I immediately heard her let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, I just- we're landing in two hours can you come in so we can debrief?" She said and I knew she rubbing her temples.

"Yeah, that's fine. Try not to rip Barnes' head off in the meantime." Y/n smiled.

"Very funny." JJ deadpanned before hanging up.

"Ten bucks says Barnes doesn't make it off the jet," Y/n said as she hopped off the counter and helped me pull items out of the boxes I had brought up.

"Ten bucks says JJ pushes her out of the jet," I said with a smile as I stretched out my hand

"You're on." Y/n giggled as she shook my hand.

We worked on unboxing everything for a while before taking a break on the couch. "You know, pretty soon you'll be all moved in." I smiled as I pulled her legs onto my lap

"You say that as if I haven't basically lived here the last three months." Y/n giggled

"Well, now it's official, and since you're officially moved in you can add some stuff to the apartment if you want," I said softly and Y/n looked at me excitedly. "You're letting me redecorate?!"

"Yeah, I mean, you have a way of making things feel homier," I murmured and Y/n beamed.

"You are adorable, you know that right?" She smiled as she poked my shoulder.

"I'm not adorable." I frowned and Y/n just giggled. "Yeah, sure."

"I'm not," I argued back, and Y/n just threw her hands up. "Okay!" She chuckled as she pulled her feet off my lap to snuggle up closer to me.

We stayed there for another 15 minutes, simply just enjoying each other's presence before Y/n's alarm went off reminding her to head to the BAU. "Hey, you want to come with me?" She asked as pulled her shoes on.