Frumverr and Flowers

It's been three days since your escapade in the library, and you've done nothing but hide away in your chambers since. Loki has come by several times to check on you, most-likely worried he has something to do with your sudden reclusiveness.

In a way, he does.

You're not entirely sure what your relationship with Loki is, so how do you go about telling him it must stop? Worse yet, how do you make yourself tell him something must stop when you desperately don't want it to?

The thought makes you sick to your stomach, which is a huge part of the reason you've found yourself unable to leave your room.

You've nearly fought through the most recent wave of nausea when a new letter slides in from underneath your door.

You told Loki days ago that you were feeling sick, and blamed your refusal to let him in on fear it was catching.

You obviously knew that was not the case, but you also knew you couldn't handle seeing him right now. The man made you feel things. Things you'd never felt before, and things you couldn't explain. Things you didn't ever want to not feel again.

He'd taken to writing you letters, sometimes illustrated with his own drawings as well, and sliding them underneath your door.

"Hello again, my patient prince." You whisper through the door, sitting down next to it to read the newest letter.

"Hello, my beautiful Gersemi. How are you feeling today?" The sound of his voice alone sends goosebumps running down your back and legs, forcing you to accept that your separation is simply not helping dampen your feelings for him.

"I think I am doing a bit better today." You begin to open up his letter.

Your heart leaps from your chest when you fix your eyes on his absolutely beautiful and perfectly accurate drawing of one of the purple flowers like he showed you in the book of enchantments.

The only words he's written this time are: Let me show you more.

Slowly, and without much thought, you stand to your feet, and open your door.

"Gersemi." Your name escapes his lips as no more than a whisper as he wraps his arms around you, pulling you firmly against him.

"I'm so sorry." You nearly weep in his arms.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." He squeezes you tighter. "If I pushed you too far, if I hurt you, or scared you in the library, I simply cannot express how regretful I would be-"

"No." You pull back to look him in the eyes. "You've done absolutely nothing wrong. I was just not feeling well. I'm- I'm doing better now."

No you aren't.

"Loki... would you be willing to show me the flowers? As soon as it would be convenient for you..." Your cheeks begin to grow warm at your forwardness, but you're able to push it away this time, the realization that you are becoming comfortable in the company of the prince sinking in.

"I will take you right now if you're truly feeling up to it." He rests a tender hand on your shoulder as he searches your face.

"I am- oh Loki, I would love to go right now!" You cheer, all of the worries that have been so heavy on your heart these last few days temporarily fading away.

———————-

Loki pulls on Hrimfaxi's reins, slowing the mare down as you approach the edge of the extremely dense woods.

"How are we going to get through there?" You tip your head, which has been comfortably rested against Loki's chest for the majority of the ride, back far enough to look him in the eyes.