Confessions

After three days spent in bed with your prince- your god; returned to you the moment you'd finally begun to give up hope- the two of you emerged from your chambers.

Fortunately, during the past days of rest, well- some rest, your vision has made a marked improvement. What started as something like looking through a window being pelted with the rain of a heavy storm, you can now see perfectly clearly when looking straight ahead, the fog of that heavy storm only clouding the edges of your vision, now.

You're love-drunk and silly; giving the back of his upper thigh a playful squeeze as the two of you make your way down the halls of the palace.

He yelps at your teasing- his hands immediately on your waist as he presses you firmly against the nearest marble pillar. The chill of the stone is no match for the heat of Loki's body pressed against yours, his tongue teasing yours, his-

"Miss Gersemi."

Bragi's voice tears you from the cloud of lust. The immediate flood of heat to your face feels as though It may scorch your dress. "Bragi!" You squeak. "Loki has returned." You somewhat awkwardly wrap your arm around his, in a failed attempt at pretending you weren't just clawing at the leather and metal of his clothing like an animal.

"The entire east wing is aware of his return." Bragi clears his throat, ears turning pink.

Loki's smile turns feline. "Did you miss me?"

You're quite sure you're going to combust. Your embarrassment melting you from the inside out.

"It is a massive relief to see you unharmed." Bragi dances around Loki's teasing. "I presume things went according to plan?"

"Mostly." Loki tenses. "I wasn't able to slip out of Asgard with The Casket as quietly as I would've liked. I traveled to Svartalfheim first, to muddy the trail. Once it was safe, I made it to Jotunheim, hence the delay in my arrival back here."

"Aster and I would love to hear the details of your journey, perhaps at dinner tonight. But first- Gersemi, we have the issue of your parents to handle."

"Issue?" You tense. "Are they alright?"

"Completely." He fists his hands together nervously. "But- they're in the council room."

"NOW?" You gape.

"Yes, I'm terribly sorry, it's just... we couldn't deny them access to you any longer. Not after you passed out and were taken away with no word to them about it at all. I believe your father is considering tearing the entire palace down brick by brick with his bare hands to find you."

Oh gods.

You'd basically ignored your parents' existence and hidden everything from them for months. Still, the baffling crumbs of your life that had slipped through to them, they'd taken in stride... eventually.

And now it was time; Time to tell your parents... everything.

—------------------------------------------------

You step into the council room, with Loki and Bragi at your side, the weight of the words you have to say slowing each of your steps like lead in your pockets.

"Little Bird!" Your father's voice cracks as he stands from his chair, pulling you into his arms the moment you're in reach. Your mother isn't far behind.

A wave of relief washes over you when you peer over your father's shoulder, and spot Aster standing near the table, his golden curls a single sphere of fuzz. He's been running his fingers through his hair again- something he does when he's dreadfully nervous.