Auras and Arcanas

You awaken to the gentle sounds of Loki's snoring- something you've never heard before. The soft, relaxed breaths coming from him causes your stomach to flutter.

You shift under his weight as carefully as possible, wanting so badly to take advantage of the opportunity to watch him sleep. Once you manage to prop yourself onto your hip with him still wrapped completely around you, your stomach does another little flutter. After settling in, you realize the feeling in your stomach wasn't exactly a flutter that time, and when it happens for the third time, it is very obviously a pushing sensation, and it is coming from inside of you.

You gasp at the realization, grasping for your stomach and accidentally waking your snoozing prince.

"Are you alright?" He shoots up in the bed, raven hair tossed all over and tumbling over one crimson eye.

"The baby! Loki- the baby is moving!" You grab hold of his hands, pressing them over top of your bare stomach, holding your breath with a silent prayer that it will happen again.

Loki's entire face lights up in the most beautiful way you've ever witnessed when it does.

"Does that hurt?" Eyes fixed on your stomach, his brow furrows with concern.

"No, not at all. It's wonderful." Your vision blurs from unshed tears, Loki's sparkling back at you in return.

While the little kicks and rolls don't last nearly long enough, you and Loki remain snuggled together for at least an hour, his hands roaming from your stomach to your hips, to your thighs and over your breasts, the only thing occasionally breaking the love-heavy silence are tender kisses, giggles, and breathy 'I love yous.'

A timid knock at the door pulls the two of you out of your trance.

Loki hesitates for a moment, arms wrapped around you, appearing as though he may choose to ignore the knock altogether.

When the person behind the door knocks again, it's accompanied by an even more shy sounding voice. "Prince Loki- a message from the Queen."

He unfolds himself languidly out of the bed, reaching for the doorknob still stark naked.

You can't help but giggle to yourself when you hear the very obviously surprised member of staff greet the naked prince.

After an exorbitant amount of 'pardon the intrusions' and 'my deepest apologies your graces' Loki shuts the door, letter in hand, an immoderately smug smirk spread wide across his face.

"Do you find it entirely necessary to traumatize the staff during our brief visit here?" You shoot him a playful smile as he crawls back into bed.

"She'll recover." He kisses your forehead before tearing into the letter.

You rest your head on his shoulder as he reads, your heart sinking when his body tenses underneath you.

"What's wrong?" Your stomach twists into an unbearable knot, afraid to actually hear the answer.

"Laufey has given us directions to the safest way out of the castle."

"Do you think it's a trap?"

"No." He laughs as though he's surprised by his own response.

"So, you do trust her?" You attempt to keep your tone neutral.

"I'm beginning to, yes."

"Why? What changed?" You grab for his hand, twisting your fingers around his.

"Before she took you outside of the dining hall to talk to you, she gave me her arcana- the object that contains her magic, that she draws her magic from."