Hnoss

When the three of you enter Hnoss' room, she is asleep on the soul forge. She lies perfectly silent and still, a startlingly calm expression resting on her pale face.

Kvasir gives you all a little nod in her direction, letting you know it's alright to step closer.

A single sob escapes your mother, startling Hnoss awake.

"Gods, who died?" She quips at the sight of all of you hovering over her.

"Oh sweetie! What can we do? How are you feeling?" Your mom practically climbs onto the soul forge to give her a hug. Your father follows her lead, wrapping his arms around Hnoss as well.

When they release her from the embrace, she narrows her eyes at you. "You." She makes an attempt at clearing her throat, how weak she truly is in this moment beginning to show. "One good hug, and then you leave. You know the rules about reading the final chapter." Even in her state, she manages to shoot you a playful grin.

You lean into her, wrapping her into a tight hug. "This is not your final chapter; therefore, I'm not going anywhere." As you lean back to look at her once again, the rest of your hair falls forward, knocking the little purple flower you'd forgotten Loki had placed behind your ear, onto Hnoss.

She giggles as it bounces off of her forehead, nearly singing the words, "my graceful little sister- always with her head in the earth."

Something between a laugh and a sob escapes you, your heart too filled with emotions to hold inside.

You scoop up the flower, which had landed amongst her bedsheets, and watch as its mystical purple glow slowly fades away.

You turn your attention back to your sister. "Tell me exactly what the healers have told you. I'm going to ensure that they're doing absolutely everything possible-"

"I'm hemorrhaging, Gersemi. I have been for a while now, and there's nothing else that can be done." She pulls the sheet laying on top of her back, revealing sheets and gauze soaked in a critical amount of her blood.

"There's..." Your mouth goes completely dry at the sight. You've never seen so much blood and knowing that it's your sister's has you suddenly feeling faint. "There's an herb, yarrow... I think I have some in my bag."

You're unsure if you've actually said the words out loud when you begin to turn to retrieve your satchel.

"Wait..." Hnoss' bewildered tone draws your attention immediately back to her. "It's... I think it's stopped."

Kvasir leaps from his chair, hurrying over to inspect the state of her.

"Why... yes- it doesn't seem to be as bad as they told us it would be by now." Without another word, he charges out of the room shouting for the healers.

Hardly a second later, an entire crew of healer's barge into the room. They tear Hnoss' sheets back and begin to manipulate the wisps of light hovering over the soul forge.

"What's going on?" You cry out.

After several moments with no answer, you shout: "WHAT IS GOING ON?"

You don't realize how badly you're shaking until your mother grabs hold of your wrist and pulls you against her. "Shh, my dear. They are working." She runs her fingers through your hair, never taking her eyes off of Hnoss.

"She has stabilized." One of the healers calls out.

"How? What happened?" Kvasir pleads.

"We're... not sure. All of our previous efforts to stop the bleeding failed. It's like it just stopped on its own." She continues.