Revelations

You'd wanted to go straight to bed after the events of the day and evening, but naturally, your parents had other plans.

You are welcomed by a surprisingly large crowd of guests upon arrival at your family estate, so many, in fact, you're unsure how your mother and father were able to get the news out this quickly.

You make your way past the guests with your best this is all totally fine and exactly how I want my life to be going right now face. It's as if the hordes of people congratulating you on being asked to accompany the future king to the ball only serve to accentuate your heartbreak.

After about an hour of interacting with guests, some faces familiar, and most not, you sneak off to your room to collect your satchel full of flowers.

You're worried sick they may not have survived the neglect of being in your bag for two days and feel as though you may burst from joy when you open it up to find them glowing, beautiful, and very much alive.

You gather up just a few more of the things you'll need to begin propagating them, and sneak out of a back door, far from the commotion of the party, and head to the healer's hall to visit your sister.

—-----------------------

"Running away, are we?" She teases the moment you round the corner into her room.

"Perhaps I just want to visit my big sister, is that so hard to believe?"

"It wouldn't be, except for the fact that you brought homework." She gestures at your arms full of jars and various tools.

"I... can multitask." You set all of your things down on the soul forge near Hnoss' hip and proceed to climb onto it to be at her side. "Where's Kvasir?"

"He had work. Political bullshit, you know how it goes."

"Hnoss!" You look toward the hallway to ensure no one overheard her curse.

"Lighten up, sis. You're about to be married. Everything changes after that." She winks.

"I'm not sure where you got that notion, the prince has simply asked me to-"

"Gersemi." She interrupts, drawing your attention away from your tools and back to her. "You're a smart girl. Smarter than most. You know what your invitation to this ball really means." She rests her hand on yours. "Is it what you want?"

"You and I both know that what we truly want doesn't matter if-"

"Who is he?"

"What?"

"You have a piece of fabric woven into your hair that is certainly not from one of your articles of clothing, you had a flower tucked behind your ear when you arrived here yesterday- something you've never done before, and I'm pretty sure that's a couple week old love bite on your neck."

"Hnoss!" You grasp for your neck in surprise. You were pretty sure the blemishes had completely faded away by now, and you were utterly shocked that she could see any remnant of a mark at all.

"So... who is he?" She grins, completely and utterly pleased with herself for still being able to read you like a book.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you..." You trail off with a smirk. It feels absolutely wonderful to be with your sister, your best friend, once again. She's always been the one person you can be completely open and honest with.

"Try me." She grins, sitting up a bit straighter, preparing for the scoop.

"Loki." You unlatch your satchel, in an attempt to act casual after your confession.