A monstrous beast in fires' paradise

Samira's POV:

Link and I walked over a field. We've been walking over that field for quite some time. An hour or two probably have passed already, as we walked over that field, quietly. We weren't talking for a single second, just looking around for the figure we have seen before. Until I spoke up:

,,Where did the figure go?" I ask. I look around once again. And again, it was quiet. The silence for those few seconds was bugging me for no particular reason, and it gave me a strange feeling at some point. What kept me curious was Link not answering straight away. He usually gave me an answer right after I asked a question, or shortly after. But this time, he let a few more seconds pass before answering.

,,I... I don't know." he said. ,,But... let's go look around." Link added. He seemed a bit upset about the situation, the reason was unknown to me. But I listened to what he said and kept looking around as I walked over the field, right next to him. The look on his face made me feel uneasy, as he looked slightly scared while walking around on the field. I tried to not let it get into my head so far and just shook this weird feeling off.

I looked around on the ground, when I suddenly felt Link's hand grab my arm to stop me from walking. I looked at him, seeing the slightly confused expression on his face.

,,What's that back there?" Link asked as he pointed at a black hole a bit further away. I looked at it for a while as I thought about his question. ,,I don't know, but let's go look!" I say as I pull Link to that black hole by his arm. It took us quite some time, but we managed to get there in not so long. I take a look at the black hole, trying to see what might be on the other side of it. But I didn't manage.

,,Do you think this has something to do with the beast?" Link asks, his face full of curiosity. I thought for a while, maybe for about a minute or so, trying to get an answer to Link's question. After quite a while of thinking, I answer:

,,I'm not sure. But... we can jump in and see, right?" I said, suggesting a not so bad idea. I wasn't sure if Link just wanted to say something, but I suddenly heard someone say:

,,It's better if you just walk in."

Link and I turn around to see who said it, when we saw Shakira stand there. She gave us a soft smile as we looked at her. I was a bit shocked to see her there, to be honest.

,,Shakira? What are you doing here?" I ask her. I was a bit curious to see her here with us, since she told us she'll wait in her village until we return. ,,I just wanted to see if you're alright. Well, seems like you got to find a way to the beast." Shakira said and she pointed at the black hole. ,,Yes, I guess we did. But it took us a bit longer than thought." Link said. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. Seems like he felt appreciated the kind of compliment Shakira gave us. ,,Well... I think I'm gonna get going now. I don't want to stop you from saving us." Shakira said and left with a smile.

After Link and I watched as Shakira left, we looked at each other.

,,Should we get going?" Link asked with a little smile. ,,Sure. Let's go." I said. With my words, we went through the black hole.

We fell for a while, when we suddenly reached the ground. It seemed hot at the place we landed, it felt like it was burning my skin. It still was acceptable, though. I looked around.

The place seemed to look like a volcano, everything was full of lava. There were just a few reddish earthplates or something like that floating over the lava. Some were connected further away, at some point they started to look like gigantic stairs. I helped Link get up and him and I jumped over to other earthplates until we reached something that looked like stairs.

,,This is not the place I expected us to arrive at..." Link said. He seemed a bit distraught by the place. ,,Me neither. But let's keep going." I said and took his hand. ,,Or else we'll never know what's going on here." I add and start walking, gently pulling him with me. We went a bit further, climbing up the stairs, which looked like many earthplates were pushed together. We were about to reach the top, when a loud roar was to be heard. It stopped us from going further, and it spooked me a bit, which made me let go of Link's hand and ended up with him falling down.

,,I guess that was the beast they were talking about." I said and just looked up, trying to locate where the roar came from. Link held his hand out to me and I helped him up so we could keep going. It took us quite some time to get over the next few earthplates that were floating in the lava, but we managed to get over all of them and found another place after just a few minutes. 

Several more minutes passed by when we finally reached the place the beast was at. At first I thought it was just a bit taller than us and maybe would look like a Gecko or something. But my thoughts were just some kind of wanted image of the beast's look. It was about 4 meters tall, looked like a wolf and glared at us with its' glowing red eyes. It gritted its' teeth and growled at us. It seemed like it didn't like our appearance in front of it.

,,So... this is the beast that we have to fight." I said and looked at it. I felt a bit intimidated by the beast, but I didn't show it. ,,Seems like it is." Link said. He seemed to feel uneasy when standing infront of the beast. I put my hand on his shoulder and gently massaged it to calm him down, at least a little.

,,Do you think those kind of pills Shakira gave us coukd help?" I ask Link as I put my arm back down. ,,I mean, she said our real powers would take place while in use if we take them." I added. I looked at Link for a while, waiting for his response. ,,I think we can try it out. But, let's just take one at a time." he said after a few seconds to think. I nodded, Link took out his sword and I took out my scythe. We got ready to fight the beast, as it already positioned itself to launch at us for an attack. And soon enough, the fight started.

~~~~

The fight finally was over. After several hours of fighting, it was finally over. We took many of the magic pills Shakira gave us although we planned on using less, but it didn't matter anymore at that point. We were done with the fighting and the beast was gone. It just disappeared after it fell to the ground, turning into ashes and getting blown away by the wind. Well, it wasn't really a wind, it wasn't even a little breeze. The ashes were blown away by nothing.

,,I'm glad we got this over with. This fight really drained most of my energy out of me. We should really get some rest." I said as a suggestion. I pat Link's head, glad he was doing so well during the whole fight. Just as I wanted to praise him and tell him how well he did, he said: ,,You're completely right. Let's go." So we got out of the lava place through the black hole, went back into the fire village and got onto one of the beds to get some rest.