A monstrous beast in the sea

Link's POV:

I ran after the person in the hooded cloak. I didn't see much of that person, but I knew it was them. The cloak reminded me of them. Samira was running right behind me, and we kept running after that person together. We were close to that person, but not close enough to reach them. So I launched myself forward, the upper part of my body in the front, reaching for the person. Or at least the cloak to see what the person looks like. But it was too late. The person opened a portal right in front of them, rushing through it, and closing it quickly. And I... I just fell to the ground, face first. A little stone was right at the place my eye hit the ground, and it cut over my eye. A little bloody scratch could've been seen.

,,Ah! Damn it!" I yelled. ,,He's gone again! And we were so close to catch him! We could've-" I was about to yell out the last sentence as Samira shut my mouth. ,,Link, please. Calm down." She said in a calm voice. I was about to start arguing when she shushed me again. ,,Link, no. By the way, we can take care of that guy later. But now, we have to take care of the beast." she said. It didn't help much to calm me down, but I realized I shouldn't have been this upset about the situation. I looked away for a while, thinking about the words she just spoke to me.

And not long after, she put an eye patch on to stop the bleeding of the cut on my eye. She helped me get up and cleaned up my clothes a bit, getting some of the dirt off. We stood there for a while, the silence bugging me at some point. It never really was this quiet. Except for the time we still were at Bonny and Lenny's apartment during the lockdown. I wonder how much time has passed ever since we were here in the magical world. Is the time there passing more quickly? Or is the time here passing more quickly? Those questions just randomly popped up in my head, bugging my mind for quite some time. That was for no particular reason, unless I found one in some time.

Samira and I still stood there for a little while until we heard a few drops of water splash. It seemed like something was coming up to us. But we wouldn't know what it was until it would come out of the water. Nothing happened for a while, as we waited, curious for whatever was in the water to come out. 

And soon enough, "it" rose up from the water. Samira and I backed up, as the beast just came closer. Samira took out her scythe and rammed it into the beasts' chest, which flinched as the scythe hit it. The beast roared loudly as it launched at us for an attack, but we managed to dodge it just in time. Just soon enough we attacked the beast, ready to fight it and bring peace back for those who live in the water village.

~~~~~

A few hours passed by. A few stressful hours. Stressful hours of fighting that beast. I was tired. Tired enough to just fall to the ground and get into a long slumber no one could get me out of. I could barely stand up by the thought of doing that. Samira and I went back to the water village, maybe getting some rest there. 'That would be the best idea' I thought to myself as Samira and I kept walking next to each other in silence. And soon enough, we reached a puddle after another, slowly reaching the village.