The last fight (Pt. 1)

The fight began. My nervosity increased. I knew that this was the last battle in this world. I knew we only had one chance to win this fight. We only had this one chance. And if we don't use this, then everything is lost. Everything we have accomplished so far. Everyone we've saved so far. Everything would be done in vain. But I couldn't allow this. We've done too much to give up and turn back now. Everyone from the four villages needs us. Our help. And we will provide them with this help.

We all nodded to each other once. Link ran towards Ryo, preparing to attack and when he was close enough, he jumped and was about to attack with his sword. But Ryo was quick enough to attack Link with several water balls before his attack. Link flew straight back and landed on the ground. It was a pretty hard landing, but he was fine and was right back with us.

We all tried to attack Ryo several more times. However, it didn't quite work. He always blocked our attacks.

,,Looks like normal attacks aren't working," Link said. ,,We'll have to think of something else." he said. We made further attempts to attack. However, this time we did it differently. We always ran towards him in pairs. While he blocked the attack of one of us, the other could attack. This strategy worked pretty well and we made progress in the fight. However, he was also able to attack us quite often. We took a lot of damage from these attacks and became weaker in some cases. This got in our way during the attacks.

However, some time later something was different. Our strategy no longer seemed to be working. Ryo slowly got behind our plan. Over time he started attacking all of us at the same time. He used the four elements, but also attacked normally with his weapon. We continued to take more and more damage. 'Luckily we got so many fairies beforehand to heal us when things start to get tough.' I thought shortly after a failed attack. These failed attacks piled up in this battle, and in just a short period of time.

,,I don't know how much longer I can take this." Link said. When I looked over at him, I noticed how many injuries he had already suffered. He was bleeding in several places on his body. He could barely stand on his feet and stood leaning against a wall. I let a fairy fly over to him. She healed him in a matter of seconds. He seemed to be feeling a little better again.

As the battle continued, we began to run out of fairies. Whenever we were too injured, we released one to heal one of us. Only this happened within the next 30 minutes. After a little more than an hour we no longer had any fairies with us. And slowly we took more and more damage as we tried to fight Ryo. We were able to do damage to him, which worked well, but he was far superior to us.

~

The fight was slowly coming to an end. But it didn't seem like we were going to win. Bonny and Lenny sat pretty much to the side. Both appeared to be unconscious. Link was quite far away from us. He wasn't unconscious like the other two, but he was pretty weak. It seemed as if he would soon lose consciousness. To me, at least. But he wasn't alone there.

I slowly was not feeling so well anymore. I really wanted to release a fairy to heal me. I just didn't have any left.

,,Do you think we'll be able to do it?" Link asked me. ,,The way it looks now? Probably not. But I hope we can still do it." I said. Even if I hoped we could do it, it was just wishful thinking. Would we really make it? Will things end well for us? Or will luck not be on our side? The result will surprise us, positive or negative.

Just as Ryo was about to attack, someone jumped between us and blocked the attack. I was weak and just sat on the floor. I barely noticed anything. At that moment it felt like I was going to faint. However, this moment didn't last long. I soon felt better again. It felt like someone had healed me. Maybe it was... the person who just came along?