Betrayal

"Everybody! Leo's back! He's back!" Harley ran through the fields of camp-half-blood, past the strawberry bushes, along the volleyball court, and beside the sword-fighting arena—all the way to the cabins.

   "Everybody! Leo's back! He's come back!" Harley shouted for all campers to hear before running to a hut with a letter nine emblem welded on the door. 

   one inside, the boy adjusted his baseball cap, fixed his shirt, then smiled as big as he could . . . and yelled for his sister as loud as an eight-year-old could possibly be, "NYSSSSS!" she came running out of the bathroom, hair a mess -per usual, though a particular cowlick stuck on right smack bang in the front. "wha- Harley, what's goin on?" she walked over, "Leo's home!" he stuck out his teeth in a blinding smile.

   once the precious information was out Nyssa perked up, "Well why didn't you scream louder? we've got a job to do!"

   grabbing a piece of spare flat metal and a cooking spoon she was using for measurements from her personalized workstation, she banged the two instruments together, creating quite the ruckus.

   "wake up lazy bones!" was Jake Mason's wake-up call, "Leo's back and looks at the state the cabin's in! You guys call this a welcoming sight?! Come on!" on went the banging!

   Harley pranced around to shake everyone's heads so hard that Lizz woke up cross-eyed.

   once everyone was at least sitting up, Harley took his sister by the hand and dragged her to Half-blood Hill, where a mechanical dragon was last seen flying toward camp over the water, closely followed by Jake Mason who was finding it hard to put on a pair of pants while trying to run after an energetic eight-year-old.

   "LEO!" Harley shouted, jumping up and down, "Harley" Nyssa warned, "Leo just came back from a quest, he might be a little tired to be jumping up and down with you. the boy nodded, though he kept waving.

   when Festus landed, Percy and Annabeth were waiting along with them, most of the Hephaestus cabin was still trying to find matching pairs of socks.

   Leo was aboard, looking safe and sound with the exception of a few scratches and some bandages wrapped tight around his wrist.

   however, only Leo was on board.

   he looked upset, mad, furious you could say.

   as he slid off Nyssa approached him, "Leo, where is Caly-" 

   "gone"

   the words sounded empty coming from him. "it was simple really,- it was supposed to be simple," he began, standing back-faced toward the crowd. "we had reason to believe someone was trying to free Atlas at Mount Othrys" They stayed quiet

   "It was Cal, she thought her stupid old man deserved a second chance. And I took her right to him" he was beginning to sniffle, "and she was tricked, I saw her buckle under the weight of the sky . . . and she died" he tried to storm off without ushering another word, leaving the stunned demigods frozen, but Percy caught his hand.

   "Please let me go," he said with no foul intention, heck he even sounded respectful, but Percy held on. 

   "Leo, I'm not going to stop you for much longer, but please, I just want you to know I'm here to talk if you want someone else who has gone through the same thing." he tried to be comforting, he really did. Leo however, was in a rather grumpy mood -I have no idea why- and was feeling a bit spiteful.

   "it wasn't Annabeth"

   the words stung a little to Percy, and he saw said girl recoil from the statement, but it hurt a lot less than the burning sensation he was now beginning to feel in the palm of his hand.