Scars, Part Two

pretty explanatory, part two of Scars. just basically the reactions to Leo's body from I think it was chapter 11?

   Leo gripped Piper's hand, his mind racing with possibilities, not very likely ones, but possibilities for sure. what if they thought he was hideous? what if they left him? Would they? Piper didn't, but that wouldn't stop the others, would it? but they weren't like that, they weren't like the other homes. they wouldn't do that . . . would they?

   no, Leo, you have to stop thinking like this, they would never . . . unless . . . no. and that's final. he scolded himself.

   Piper squeezed back, his nerves melted into a puddle of goo. "It's going to be alright" though Leo wasn't sure if she was talking about him or Jason. oh, gods Jason! how had he been so stupid thinking about himself being so stupid?

   "Is Jason going to be okay?" his voice wavered. "I was talking about you actually, Annabeth knows how to deal with those sorts of things, this is more . . . personal" She kept walking. 

   Leo looked over to his toolbelt, wondering if he asked a second time for a top it would comply, it wouldn't, and he knew it.

   "hey look at me ya dork" Piper laughed, "what can you possibly be scared of?" she asked, and the truth was, Leo wasn't sure either. was it what they would think? what they would act like? if they would stay the same? act different? Leo didn't know, and he didn't know why he didn't want to.

   Piper smiled, "You don't get nothin' to worry about. The other five are the nicest people in like, the world." Leo sighed, she was right, he shouldn't be worrying about it, especially because he didn't even know the reason for this said 'it'.

   as they turned a corner the massive warship came into view, his pride and joy. Leo had spent months on that thing, six to be precise. (yes, I know I said it was 9 before but I re-read the Lost Hero and I found out it was actually six, so please don't come for me)

   when they got there only Percy was on the deck, he was looking out to the ocean longingly, his eyes looking, yearning for the water, making him look like he wanted nothing more than to jump in.

   okay, maybe I could just slip past him' Leo thought, of course, he couldn't. Percy heard their footsteps and immediately went on rambling on Jason's condition, though stopped for a reason I can't imagine why.

   "wh- a-are you okay!?" he shouted probably louder than needed. Leo jumped, and he doubted a "why wouldn't I be" would work. As well as the bruises that covered him his arm stung, still leading in a pattern on wolf teeth.

   "y-yeah" he stuttered. Arai! why did he have to stutter, that always makes things more believable Valdez, he scolded himself.

   "what happened, how did- oh, gods! Your arm!" Leo looked down. he didn't know whether it felt worse than it looked, or looked worse than it felt because either of them could have worked. the bruising had covered the actual insitions making almost his entire arm an ugly blue and purple, blood running down his fingertips and dripping onto his cheap shoes. it looked . . . pretty gnarly to say the least.

   "uh, yeah" Leo tried to look smaller. "so I'm just going to make my way down to the infirmary and then we can leave for Rome" Leo attempted to side scootch over to the door because oh gods they could not see his back. no. matter. what.

   "Leo, what are you hiding?" Piper caught him, looking slightly disappointed. "Piper, my dear I have no idea what you are talking about" His back was to the door, all he had to do was just slip inside and -

   CREAK

   the door opened, and Frand came tumbling out.

   his mouth twitched and he took a breath, thinking he was going to get to say something, though his speech was cut short when he saw Leo standing back in the doorway.