Sick

TW: blood (I have been forgetting to put these)

   Leo didn't know quite when it started but when it did he knew something was wrong, very wrong. at least he didn't think it was normal to be throwing up blood in the bathroom of bunker nine at five AM in the morning.

   oh, and the timing had worked out perfectly as well! it had started about three months before he had to set off on the argo! how perfect was that! thank you oh great and kind merciful fates!

   it wasn't that bad at first, he could handle the random points of fatigues and the nosebleeds, but about six days before he was scheduled to leave it got . . . a lot worse. not one day passed when he didn't feel like throwing up, or where he was never out of breath working on his beautiful ship.

   it was three days before they were scheduled to leave, and the Argo was finished, it had been through rigorous test runs around camps' acres.

   he couldn't go on a quest to save to world if he felt like dying every day. And by Zeus, if he went to solace there was no way the blonde was letting Leo go. so he did the only thing he could think of.

   as soon as the harpy's shift rotation went he ran and sprinted out of camp bounds. in his free time, he had constructed a car that had -completely by accident- resembled his mother's old blue Toyota Yaris.

   twisting in the keys, he was off. Leo had scheduled the timing perfectly, if all went to plan he would get back with at least two hours to spare. He was only one demigod, son of Hephaestus, there was no reason his smell should be that strong, well, at least to monsters, none of his shirts were completely absent of grime.

   he felt something metallic in his mouth, shit it was happening again. where was is dam hospital?

   gulping back the taste of blood, he waltzed into the hospital. 

   he waited nervously in the waiting room when finally, Leo was called in. he explained his symptoms.

   "most of the time it's just a general sense of tiredness, bleeding from my nose and gums. makes a killer smile" he tried to joke, but the doctor just wrote something down on a piece of paper. Leo had to remind himself that this wasn't like therapy, he didn't do something wrong when the guy wrote something down.

   "And what about when you get cut?" his face suggested he was onto something despite the limited information shared. "well, they too, end up bleeding a lot, whether small or large" Thinking back that too probably wasn't how the human body worked, but he was no biologist.

   "how about bruising?" 

   "Often," 

   "breathing trouble when you exert yourself?" 

    "pretty much every day"

   after a long time, studies and little experiments, measuring heart rate and such he seemed to conclude. 

   "well sir, I think you might have Chronic Idiopathic Aplastic Anemia. quite a severe case, i-" "Huh? Wassat?" the doctor sighed, "Right now you don't have enough red blood cells, and that is because your bone marrow has stopped making them." Leo, again, being the clueless bonehead he was to everything except technojargon looked confused again, "why would they do that?" the doctor -bless his soul- had enough patience to explain to the boy who kept interrupting. "well, the most common cause is because your immune system is attacking the stem cells in your bone marrow" Leo didn't completely get it though the main idea flew through his mind like an equation.

   "There is treatment, such as bone marrow transplants, but we would need to wait to see a good match, well things such as drug therapy aren't a cure, they may partially restore blood cell production. now, tell me what you would like to do, as I'm sure that I could arrange-" "No thank you" Leo interrupted him, his brain not ready and functional for another lesson.