Overload

the hammer I imagine him using ^ or something like that.

   Leo realized that he had a deeper understanding of machines than he had previously thought. He had a comprehensive understanding of all kinds of devices. For instance, during a demonstration of an Otamatone by an Apollo camper, which was designed to resemble Kirby and had a pink colour, he quickly grasped its functioning. Despite not having encountered the instrument prior to this, he seemed to have an innate knowledge of its inner workings.

   this ability comes into play whilst the building of the Argo II at first. the framing was done, and the design was also complete thanks to the help of the Hephaestus campers of 200 years previous. One of the engines was built, as a massively complex machine that Leo had built almost single-handedly, though with periodic gaps in which normally Nyssa or Jake Mason would visit and help him in a deep understanding of awe.

   though he had just finished this particular night, the part could be added later with the help of hopefully rather large machines.

   with his mind distracted and done with the project he sighed, the days of work had been blending together, and he couldn't imagine what kind of hell it would have been building this dam ship without his siblings. he made his mistake.

   without a gloved hand, he touched his bare fingertips to the machine, in an act of admiration, though the information of everything flew threw his mind. pictures and images flashed across, blueprints scattered everywhere. and in a flash, he knew what was happening. the reports from every angle flew by. his mechanical mind was trying to figure it out, it was trying to process this all at once, and as incredible as it was, even Leo couldn't handle this much at once.

   he dropped to the floor, taking his hand off of the engine. that day he learned, to wear gloves when working.

  He adhered to the rule consistently, even when sailing on the Argo. The thought of facing the same danger on a larger scale, perhaps even quadruple, was unimaginable to him. The initial issue was only with the engine, but now the entire ship could fry his brain.

   one day, in particular, Percy was trying to teach Leo to use a sword, as in proper technique to defend himself. he claimed he was fine already at that, and he was fine with his hammer though Percy insisted.

   in the end, the boy wanted to test how much he had learned, "spar with me" "What! Are you insane? your kill me!" Leo shrieked, half-joking in his tone.

   Percy giggled and put his arm around Leo, "Hey, don't sweat it, bro, I promise not to make you cry like a little baby." Leo rolled his eyes and begrudgingly admitted that he'd rather learn some slick survival tactics than just bash everything in sight with his trusty hammer.

   "Hey, take your gloves off, it'll help" Percy suggested, Leo shook his head violently and looked at the black and blue gloves coating his hands, they might look like he was playing an endless game of laser tag but they were the only thing protecting him from probable death

   "Alright then" Percy launched an attack with one arm around his back (hey that rhymed) and nearly took Leo's head off. "dude!" Leo yelled, "Not cool" but Percy continued. slash after slash, parry after parry, Percy was good.

  "Hey, Percy! You said you would go easy!" Leo yelled in panic. He was slowly, well, not so slowly moving backwards, and soon Percy would pin him down.   then things started to fall apart.

   Percy went for Leo's hands, and he cut off the front of them, just barely skinning Leo's hand. a big chunk of fabric was missing. looking back he probably should have made them with something . . . stronger.