Exhaust

Leo was hammering away at a loose bolt on the argo, he was so tired he was doing it with his eyes closed, leaning against the ship for support, barely able to stand on his own. he had a deadline and by golly, he was going to meet it.

   it all started great yeah sure, Jason and Piper would help lug things by, and his brothers and sisters would measure hammer and screw, Annabeth would be amazed at his plans and he would feel as proud as a kindergartener who tied their shoes. but now, Piper and Jason had "officially" started dating, I say officially in air quotes, cuz, y'know, it was very obvious. they were off enjoying their own company, Annabeth was worrying about Percy, trying desperately for anything that would work, and his siblings had their projects, 'it was unfair of him to be so self-centred thinking he could steal all of their time.' he thought. now he was just a shoeless four-year-old.

   his bolt was tight and secure, ready for anything so he boosted himself up with his other arm, it was so beaten up from missing screws and hitting his fingers full force it had started to bleed a long time ago. his legs were wobbly and unstable, and he could barely walk. even so, he stumbled down a small set of stairs, nearly falling.

   he thought of taking a break but stopped himself, "I'm not quite on track yet, I need to finish this in 3 months, I have about maybe more than half done" he argued with himself, "no breaks just yet." maybe it was his brain so tired and turned to mush, or maybe it the feeling of self worthlessness that did it, but breaks were a sort of taboo for him, none unless you pass out. and oh boy had he not should have set that rule into action.

   He was about to take a plank of wood and hammer it into the floor when he tripped over his pants, he lay there, physically not being able to get up, until he forced himself to, "oh god," he muttered to himself, "Jason can summon entire storms you can't even build a boat?" he scolded himself. see? not exactly healthy.

   I'm not sure if Leo knew that or not, but he sure acted like he knew his limits. spoilers!!! he didn't. he checked his watch, 5:18 . . . in the morning, another sleepless night added to the list. he sighed and kept working, it's not like he absolutely needed it. right? I mean he was still alive and . . . well I can't say well, but he could try and reason with you if you'd want. though I'm not sure why you would want that.

   he continued for a little while, every minute his hands got a little more beaten up and he went a little farther down the road of insanity.

   he had a cup of coffee on his desk that kept him up, though he was getting kind of numb to it. it was cold, "no problem," Leo thought. "I'll just warm it up with my fire" he lit his fingertips aflame and immediately regretted doing so, his body felt like all of his (little amount of*) energy was draining from inside of him, and he felt about ready to collapse. . . not that he didn't want to previously, but hey.

   He stumbled around, feeling the desk when he heard the door open. he looked over and squinted when the light from outside came and hit him. it felt like the sun itself was having a staring contest with him, and that was hard considering the sun didn't have eyes.

   Annabeth was standing there, admiring the ship in all of its glory, "oh Leo" she didn't take her eyes off it, "this is amazing! how did you do this by yourself" she gawked in awe, staring at the giant warship. Leo tried to respond but was too tired to move his mouth.

   Annabeth's eyes travelled over to Leo and she gasped, "Leo you look terrible" she ran up to him as he stayed as still as a statue, "oh thank you" Annabeth was not sure if he was trying to be sarcastic, but it sounded to her absolutely genuine like she had complimented him or gifted him a puppy.