Second Memory: Trust

Leo was still in the room when the TV came on again, though he decided to stay this time. something about seeing if he could see the difference. when they asked he shoved them off, so they decided it was best to leave it.

   he sat down with Piper and Jason, who made sure he did, watching his memories and all he would need someone there with him.

   as it turned out, Leo fell asleep in the position he was hiding, all the running tired him out and I guess you can't run on adrenalin forever. the lovely lady brought him up to her room, they had a guest room but she chose familiarity, plus, it was more comfy and welcoming than a plain white one.

   she laid him on the bed, ready to tuck him in when she noticed the scars on his arms, his sleeve was slightly pushed up, revealing ugly gashes that ran long across his forearm. "oh dear" she muttered, looking at his skinny pale limbs, "now that won't do" and she ran off to another room.

   when Leo woke up his limbs stung with pain, but nullified, muffled, not as extreme as before. he looked and they were bandaged up, looking much better than heretofore. he sat up, hissing at the light.

   "oh good," the lady said, Leo got a better look at her, she was not plump but not quite skinny, and she had long dark hair that was so messy it seemed never to stop moving. she was quite pale compared to her hair, and had short rather stubby limbs, especially her legs, which were covered by a light pink frilly dress.

   "hello there, my name is Layla" she greeted him. "L-Leo" he stuttered, unfamiliar with the touch of hospitality. "now I'm going to need you to explain to me what happened with that man," she spoke so softly as if she expected him to explode or combust at any given moment. which of course he could, though not that she would know that.

   they talked for a while, he explained exactly what had happened. apparently, he was his foster father who had decided Leo was not good enough. he explained about his leg injury which was not quite a break.

   The screen flickered black with the text, "about five months later" Leo looked much better, though having not officially been adopted or put back into foster care she was not technically his mother. neither of them cared though. they enjoyed each other's company, and for them, that was enough.

   one day Layla sat him down, " I want to tell you why I live alone" it had been a question bugging Leo for about three months now and he guessed she must have noticed. he simply nodded and let her continue.

   "I once had a lovely husband by the name of Noah" she sighed, thinking back. "he was so wonderful, though he wanted children." Leo's eyebrows raised, not really expecting this sort of thing. "he died in a car crash about two years ago now" her didn't expression change. "so when you showed up I wanted to honour his wish of having a child" she explained.

   Leo jumped up and hugged her, tight. she shortly hugged back. Leo remembered his mother, the same way he remembered his old father at the creek. tears brimmed in his eyes, remembering the way her knotted hair fell across her shoulders when she didn't have it in a braid. he remembered the way she would sing off-tune but it sounded angelic to little Leo. and most of all... he remembered the way she was so patient. so calm. and always laughed at Leo's jokes no matter how cheesy or corny they were.

   "Aww, that is so cute!" Piper bounced in her seat. Leo grumbled, slouching beside her.

   but he wanted to move past that. he finally had a new good family... and he was happy. 

   the seven saw some more memories, the first time Leo had experienced a pizza. how his face lit up when Layla brought home the meaty cheesy mess and the smell of it wanted through the air. he dig into it like a monster, of course, he loved it.