Retaliation

so, okay, y'know those fics where Leo overhears the other seven talk shit bout' him? um... yeah, I'm tired of mah boy not getting there and punching someone... so here it is!

   Leo's POV

   oh boy! I just know everyone's gonna love the quesadillas. true, you might be thinking, aren't taco's your specialty? but If I do say so myself I am a person of many talents. I can cook all things from tacos to enchiladas or quesadillas... and despite what others say those are not the only things I don't refuse to make.

   Once they were done I started to walk out to the kitchen where the other seven were seated, I heard chatter and was glad I didn't have to be the conversation starter again. but soon I heard what they were talking about.

   "he built the ship but any Kid of Hephaestus could do that" I heard someone say. I immediately stop in my tracks.

   "he always screws things up anyway, we should have brought Nyssa" This time a girl's voice spoke up. I decided I wanted to get just a little closer to see who was talking.

   "he flirts with every girl he sees to" it was Frank. "his jokes are getting annoying too." I stiffened, getting madder by the second. "his sarcasm is bested by Percy" Percy laughed.

   "Oh, and you'll never believe this" Frank spoke up again. "he killed his mom" the words resonated in my ears, how did he know? then the memories came flooding back. back when we were surprised adopted by Chiron's cousins, the water ones, I had tried to burn my way out, but I almost depleted all of my oxygen instead. we shared how both of our moms died, and he was actually the first person on the team I told, Jason and Piper I told them a machine fell on her. the rest of 'em didn't know.

   if he was going to spill all of my secrets I wanted to go out there and punch him in the face, however, it seemed like I was stuck to the floor. I knew this feeling all too well, I was petrified. with fear, anger, and sadness. I was afraid if I went out there right now I would either collapse or burst into tears, and frankly, I didn't want either. nor did I want Frank.

   "wait what?" Percy's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "He said a machine fell on her" Jason spoke up. and it got me thinking, "Jason would stand up for me" I nodded, "Or maybe Piper, she had been my friend since we were at the wilderness school."

   "so he lied to us?" Piper spoke. "no Piper I didn't" but they didn't hear me from around the corner . . . probably because that only came out as a whisper. Frank must have nodded because I heard an "mhn, seems like it"

   I wanted nothing more than to rush out and explain everything, but I was still stuck, glued if you will, to the floor. Frank then went on to explain it exactly how I explained it to him . . . except for the Part with Gaia.

   in his version I hated my mom, she got stuck and my first solution was to burn everything to the ground. fun.

   when he finished the team was in shock, "Man he is horrible" Percy said, "are you sure? I'm sure he's annoying but I don't know about homicidal" Hazel spoke, and I wasn't sure whether to slap her or praise her for being the only one who doubted that story, even for just a little bit.

   "ugh, and where is he with dinner, we can't be here all day," I noticed I was in fact waiting here for too long, and I was not just going to give them these good ass quesadillas as a reward for their oh so wonderful commentary. so I marched on out there. and I shoved a quesadilla in Franks's face.

   melted cheese (yes cheese, I made some specifically for Frank, however, though I'm not entirely sure he earned it) splattered all over his face, though none got in his mouth and was swallowed, I didn't want to have to fix the plumbing for the third time today (I'm looking at you, Percy)

   the seven gasped, "Why the" Piper started, but I interrupted. "oh shut it, I heard your entire conversation." I glared at her. "no need to say any more than you already have" her face dropped. "n-no" she started, but I marched off.

   and despite what the others said I did not forget my food and had to come back and grab my share.

   I sat in my room, grumpy, eating my quesadillas. I hear a knock at the door, and Piper's voice was heard. "Leo open up" I would have but the part that annoyed me the most was the fact that I wanted at that moment to open the door and talk to her like she was my therapist, that I wanted to go and have a nice chat and have some tea. I hate tea. She was using charmspeak.

   "Piper, if you want me to come out just say so, you don't have to use charmspeak" I spoke what I thought was true. despite that, I opened the door for her. She looked ashamed of herself." I-I didn't mean what I said" she rubbed her arm uncomfortably. her face reminded me of the same one she would have when she knocked on my dorm room asking for help either for a shoulder to cry on because of boy troubles or boy troubles, back at the wilderness school. meaning she meant what she was saying.

   "I'm so sorry" I Led her inside and say her on my bed. "I just want to know why" he flopped onto his own bed beside her. "we thought it would be a harmless prank but . . . Frank took it too far. he should never have said those things about you killing your mother" Piper clenched her fists. "we know it's not true and you would never-" "It is" Piper's face went wide with shock. she whipped her head around confused. "what do you mean"

   okay, I don't know why I just randomly switched to 3rd person but I guess it's what my brain wanted, go with it.

   "Well, I didn't do it out of cold blood..." he rolled over and lay looking straight up. he then proceeded to explain what had happened. this time including Gaia and how he loved his mother unconditionally.

   she laid back as well, unfortunately, her head landing on Leo's stomach. she shot back up while he clenched his gut, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that!" when Leo didn't feel like Festus himself had stomped on his ribcage he started laughing. Piper first looked concerned, then confused, then to a mix of pouting and anger. soon enough Leo got her to cheer up a bit.

   she grabbed his hand and led him outside. "come on" she said "let's go see the others. he was not as excited to see Frank as Jason and the others but he made his way along and soon joined up with the five.

   Frank hung his head in shame, "I-I-I-I I'M SO SORWY" he bawled. quite an interesting sight to see in fact. but Leo patted him on his oversized back. "Man you fooled me hard" he grinned, "just next time don't go saying I killed mi mama in cold blood okay?" he nodded vigorously. 

   Annabeth stepped in from the back ad did something surprising, she leaned in and gave him a quick but tight hug. She stepped back and smiled, "Sorry, We gave Frank bathroom duty as punishment. we agreed I can steer, Jason helps cook, Percy helps with repairs, from hard to easy and Piper... well she wasn't here so... I guess whatever you want"

   Piper froze, "oh gods" she muttered, and everyone laughed. including Leo.

   Hello, human beans!! a big shout-out to I don't know why there is a space here, I'm coming back and editing it so please don't come for me for being the first person to comment and vote! also sorry for it being kinda short, I wrote this just on the idea at the top and didn't realize until too late I didn't actually have a proper plot and I was running on a single idea and enough coffee to give a water buffalo a heart attack. but thank you so much for tuning in but I gotta tune out! so for now! Panwake! away!!!