Untitled Part 1

he remembered falling.

   or maybe that's just because he knew he did.

   the ground was so far away.

   until it wasn't.

   -x-

   the way you wake up in the morning is much more important than most people have come to understand. That is because the way your morning goes often depicts how your day will go, for instance; if you all of a sudden wake up in a giant four-poster bed in luxury handmade silk sheets with a butler standing beside you with a tray of warm homemade blueberry muffins and freshly-squeezed handmade orange juice on a silver platter you would immediately know your day was going to be a good one. maybe even great. and perhaps if you woke up in a regularly large bed in slightly cozy pyjamas with a butler serving you bacon eggs and a buttered toasted plain toast you would know your day would be perfectly fine, OK even. yet on the other hand, if you woke up in a hospital cot wearing nothing but your boxers while the lovely noise of people screeching in a great cacophony of sound sounded around you like shotgun bullets, you could only assume your day would be horrid.

   Leo's day was going horrid.

   this is to say he woke up in a hospital cot wearing nothing but his boxers while the lovely noise of people screeching in a great cacophony of sound sounded around him like shotgun bullets.

   though the worst fact wasn't that he hurt in every way possible in every inch of his body. it wasn't his pounding headache blaring in his raving eardrums. and it wasn't even the fact he was stripped almost entirely naked, save his underwear - he wouldn't know what he would have done if those hadn't been there. but instead, it was the fact there were six individual people all yelling constellations at him despite his crippled state.

   especially one in particular. Leo.

   as far as he could tell in his state this had nothing to do with lions. considering the certainty that he was not dead and was not mauled to death by a large cat with head-decapitating jaws.

   "wh-" he almost recoiled when he heard himself, he wasn't supposed to sound like that. his throat isn't supposed to hurt like that when he spoke right? his voice shouldn't be that raspy and coarse. well, at least he didn't think he was seventy-two.

   "go get him some water," a blonde one asked, she looked pretty, in a dangerous way. her aura seemed to scream "Yeah this? you will never get anything close to this because I am perfect, and I can make sure your cardiovascular system never works again"

   a surfer-looking dude nodded and ran out of the room. he didn't look anything like the stereotypical blondie with large baby blue eyes and a sun tan so bad in swim trunks they looked like they hop straight out of the toaster to the beach to fish for bikini babes right out of the water. no, this one had dark dark hair and deep seaweed green eyes that seemed to illuminate everything he looked at. and best of all he was fully clothed.

   "Leo, are you alright? does it hurt anywhere?

   when Leo thought the blond one was pretty he must not have seen the angels currently standing beside him. One had giant curly hair that seemed to glow a golden colour against the light, it sparkled so beautifully that she had to at some point sprinkle crushed cinnamon toast crunch to make it light up like that. her dark skin was so smooth she should have been in commercials for women's skin care. and the other one was straight out of a dream, her eyes seemed to shift in every which way, colours appearing and disappearing faster than Leo could ever want, he wanted to get lost in those eyes, in the swimming kaleidoscope of colours of her face. though her gear said completely otherwise about her gorgeous face. she was dressed in a plain white tank top with camouflage cargo pants and combat boots like she would fight in World War Three and end without breaking a sweat. she wore what looked to be a ram's horn on her shoulder strapped tightly on it as if she didn't want to lose it. on her waist, she held both a knife and a shining bronze sword.