BUNNY!

(not an angsty chapter so why not give it a silly name- also just couldn't think of anything)

   (It used to be something different but if you'd look in the comments you'd see why I changed it)

   (I also drew that picture for this chapter Like it?)   

   It all started with the sound. little scratching coming from the entrance of bunker nine. like the way nails sounded on chalk, it just made Leo's spine shiver.

   "whos there!?" he tried, no answer. so he got up, and slowly but surely Leo made his way to the door, "hello?"

    a small whimper could be heard at the base of the bunker door.

   was it a kid? no, the youngest camper was Harley and he normally just threw the door open with great force waltzing in like he owned the place. not scratching and whimpering.

   so ever so cautiously he crept up to the door . . . who am I kidding do you really think Leo would be cautious about well . . . anything? new chance to meet new friends! an odd adventure to go on! particular diseases to catch! so he swung the left huge door open and!

   . . . no one was there.

   "huh?" another whimpering sound. it came from the ground so Leo glanced toward the dirt . . . and there stood a little brown creature, covered in mud and from what little Leo could see about it before it dashed off into the bunker, were some little areas of dried blood.

   as said, it bounded into Bunker 9, leaving little splashes of liquid mud.

   "come back here!" Leo shouted. his work and workshop could be considered anything but safe, and a small creature yet to be specified could both wreck something major to the construction of the Argo II or hurt itself. badly.

   ripped off limb kind of bad.

   Leo prayed the entire time it just wouldn't go into the engine room. he saw the mud ball dart up the stairs onto the ship. 

   "Festus! Lock all the doors on the ship!" the masthead obliged and immediately, a slamming sound echoed from all the way on deck.

   the chase continued.

   Leo sprinted up the stairs, hoping the creature hadn't gotten itself in one of the rooms before they had locked.

   his shoes clanked on the metal stairs as he ran, already previously exhausted from working so this was not helping the chase nor his chances of a good night's rest.

   he ran up to the deck, which made a clunk as he jumped, clearing the railing in one swift movement.

   he could see the brown fluff ball curled up near one of the locked doors, it was cowering, huddling with itself in order to preserve body heat. Leo had never had a problem with the chilly air in the Bunker, it was built two hundred years ago- meaning the heating was close to non-existent. but it would make sense to see this thing closed in on itself cold to the touch.

   as Leo got closer he managed to make out some finer details; it was about as long as a soccer ball but its skin hugged its form in an unhealthy-looking way.

   Like Leo's.

   though probably the most worrying detail was the fact its hind leg was bleeding. only a thin trail, but it still worried him.

   curiously, he crept up to it, reaching a hand out to sniff his grease-covered fingers. out poked a little head of a bunny, its shiny red glowing eyes stared at his finger, which it could only assume was a construction tool based on the pure amount of dirt caked on his lanky hand.