First Memory: the creek

okay, so this might be a part of a mini-series of one-shots I might do, not necessarily in order, and they will most likely be short but will follow the same Logic as Leo's memory fics. the seven watch Leo's memory. just things like this which will be explained by action and most likely not a Leo narrating his memories. these won't really be traditional Leo's memory style, just random ideas that I came up with. so enjoy! oh, and also, italics are the seven speakings.

   The screen flickered on to see a little boy at a creek, he was in mismatched socks and worn-down shoes, tattered jeans with suspicious red-brown marks littered through the fabric. a white shirt layered with tons and tons of grime, making it look like a browny-gray base sweater.

   he was sitting down at a river, fiddling with something that looked like a toy boat in his hands. though however knowing Leo he was making a few . . . adjustments. and again, knowing Leo, it was impressive, a wobbler engine made of spares and salvage remains, circular paddles, like the ones on hydroelectric generators.  Both the foremast and the mainmast were sturdy, but I doubt anyone could say the same about the flag, it was woven (or I should say attempted) out of leaves, but Leo was no child of Athena so it appeared less knit than glued. the figurehead was a small metal dragon, though nothing else appeared to look the same as the agro, only Festus. an outstanding model for a nine-year-old.

   He smiled with himself happy, even when younger his smile was enough to light the entire room up, though he wasn't really In a room. he positioned it in the water, but before he let it go he pulled something out from behind himself. a cane.

   "Why on earth would he need that," frank asked, a rather puzzled look spreading from his face to the others. "I don't know," Piper responded, "he never said anything about that before"

   he wavered when he got up, clutching onto the crutches for support. he smiled once he stabilized himself and let the boat go. It went rather fast using both the wobbler engine and the paddles, which looked like a couple of deformed cans if taking a closer look at it.

   he struggled to keep up on one bad leg, stumbling and reaching dramatically as the both of them went on. "¡Oh no! mi diseño" he reached out, not looking where he put his foot. that proved to be his undoing, he tripped on what seemed to be a large rock, or a small boulder depending on how you'd look at it.

   he landed on his bad Leg and howled with pain, hugging it tightly. instants of the injury flashed across the screen, including how he got it. a man, yelling and screaming, a sweaty tank top and tattered jeans, he yelled, spit and drool flung out with sound, though the television was completely mute. maybe Hera was trying to be empathetic, only the look of the boy's desperation and fear, not his screams of pain to add along.

   Piper and Hazel shrieked, scared of what would happen to their friend, even if it was in the past. all the parts where the man would come on, Percy flipped off the screen, which you have to admit would be pretty funny if a  nine-year-old boy wasn't getting abused.

   "what the hades!" Annabeth screamed, "he didn't tell me this either" Piper followed.  Hazel said some words that both shocked everyone and would have gotten her a mouth full of soap at saint agnes.

   the most-likely basement dweller stomped on his leg, and another silent stream echoed through their minds. Leo sat up fast at the creek as if he himself was also experiencing the horrid memories.

   he looked over to find his toy but the boat was gone, "adiós mi barco" he sniffled, having spent days on it, the wobbler engine was fun to make, so maybe he could make a car next, oh! or maybe a tank! the ideas were already racing through his mind, ecstatic at the chance to get to build something again.