Chapter 2: Nevermore Academy

——————————🕷️——————————

A black hearse drove down a road surrounded by thick woods on both sides.

🎵I close my eyes, then I drift away🎵

The car had luggage strapped to the top of it, and the license plate said 'ADD4M5'

Inside the car, Wednesday was sitting in the back, with a disgusted look on his face as he watched his parents lovingly sing along to a song.

🎵Both: Into the magic night, I softly say a silent prayer, like dreamers do."🎵

Wednesday's parents, Morticia and Gomez were as in love as any couple could be. Morticia was a tall, thin woman with straight black hair, and a skin tight, long black dress. Gomez was shorter, with black hair, a mustache, and a black pinstripe suit.

🎵Both: "Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you."🎵

The car suddenly ran into a flock of birds, but that did not deter the parents.

🎵"I remember that you said goodbye."🎵

Morticia and Gomez leaned closer to each other, and smashed their lips together in a passionate kiss.

Wednesday rolled his eyes, as his parents pulled away and looked at him.

"Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?" Morticia asked.

Wednesday turned around to face their driver. "Lurch, please remind my parents that I'm no longer speaking to them."

Gomez leaned forward a bit. "I promise you, my little viper, you will love Nevermore. Won't he Tish?"

"Of course. It's the perfect school for him." Morticia agreed.

"Why? Because it was the perfect school for you? I have no interest in following in your footsteps." He told them. "Becoming captain of the fencing team, King of the Dark Prom, President of the Séance Society."

"I merely meant that finally you will be among peers that understand you." Morticia clarified. "Maybe you'll even make some friends."

"Nevermore is like no other boarding school. It's a magical place. It's where I met your mother. And we fell in love." Gomez whispered.

"And who knows? Maybe you will find your own 'special someone.'" Morticia hinted.

"You guys are making me nauseous. Not in a good way." Wednesday deadpanned.

"Darling, we aren't the ones who got you expelled." His mother pointed out. "That boys family was going to file attempted murder charges. How would that have looked on your record?"

"Terrible. Everyone would know I failed to get the job done." He sulked.

...

As the Addams family drove towards Nevermore, a car, going in the opposite direction, passed them.

The car stopped by a sign that said, 'Nevermore Academy: Next Left'